TABLE OF CONTENTS
Anglo American Platinum is recruiting and invites qualifying candidates to apply for Private Security Officer Specialised Tactical.
Closing Date: 22 December 2023
- Business Unit / Group Function: Africa – Platinum Group Metals (PGMs)
- Area: Business Support Services
- Reference Id: REF53800I
- Experience / Work Type: Entry Level / Permanent Employee
Location: various locations, South Africa
Kindly note that all applicants for this role need to be open to relocating to any of the below locations:
The purpose of the PS Officer Specialised Tactical Team role is a specialist role within an Anglo-American Platinum Protection Services tactical team which is responsible for the planning and implementation of specialised functions within the operational environment of several mines and processing plant.
Personal risk is a factor in the role due to bullion / cash transport duties, if applicable, high risk response duties, VIP protection duties and Counter Industrial Action duties.
Be part of the team. The team that establishes a safe work environment
ABOUT ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Their portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible.
Anglo American uses innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market their products to their customers around the world.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who spark fresh thinking and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support in investigating crime and transgression of procedures
- Patrol and protect all personnel and assets within an assigned area of responsibility
- Complete applicable safety, injury, hazard, risk and incident reports for area
- Communicate problems to the Security Team Leader Operational Response Team
- Effective liaison with Protection Services specialists and SAP
- Perform CIA duties as required
- Identify potential conflict situations and minimize the implications
- Conduct VIP protection and escorts
- Effective administration of criminal investigations through to conviction
- Manage effective security systems to protect cash, bullion, explosives and valuable material
- Conduct Disruptive Operations
- Previous experience in the mining industry will be an added advantage
This role is in the Protection Services department at a Band 7 level reporting to the Protection Services Superintendent Specialised Tactical.
You must have:
- Grade 12
- Registered with PSIRA Grade B or higher.
- Business purpose qualification certificate in handgun, shotgun and self-loading rifle and/or Use of firearm in a military or law enforcement environment
- Apply Tactical Knowledge Qualification will be advantageous.
- Demonstrate Tactical Proficiency with a handgun, shotgun and self-loading rifle advantageous.
- Valid Code B driver’s license (any divers license of a higher code will be advantageous)
- Code B Armored Vehicle driving course advantageous.
- DH4 & 5 qualifications will be advantageous.
NB: It is COMPULSORYto attach all the required certificates for your application to be considered.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in security or equivalent environment of which 1 year should be in a response and tactical environment.
- 2 years’ experience in supervisory position
- Previous experience in the mining industry will be an added advantage.
- Attach all relevant certificates.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Psychometric Assessment for firearms,
- Meet basic fitness requirements applicable to Operational Response Team,
- Basic knowledge of applicable business reports writing,
- Statement taking and report writing,
- Handling and protecting the crime scene,
- Presentation and handling of evidence in court/disciplinary hearing,
- Responding to violent crimes,
- Handling various emergency situations,
- Computer literacy,
- Good working relations,
- Good Communications Skills,
- Communications in English (spoken, written, and reading).
Screening requirements to be met:
All shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a three-day mental and physical pre-selection programme, this is an extreme intensive pre-selection programme which requires both mental and physical readiness.
- Polygraph test
- Psychometric test
- Intensive physical and mental fitness assessment
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you will find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none.
What we offer
- When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none.
Who we are?
- Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Inclusion and Diversity
- Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential
How we are committed to your safety
- Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.