TABLE OF CONTENTS
Joburg Market is hiring and invites qualifying professionals to submit applications for the vacancy: Cashier [x3 posts].
Closing date: 28 December 2023
STIPEND: R14,250 per month excluding benefits
ABOUT JOBURG MARKET
The Joburg Market is South Africa’s major centre for the marketing of fresh produce. It is also the largest fresh produce market in Africa.
It deals in fruit, vegetables, meat, fish and general groceries, most of them on sale to the public at wholesale prices. The Joburg Market is wholly owned by the City of Johannesburg.
Receive and record bulk cash and load cash onto buyer’s cards for purchasing. Cashing up cash receipts against SPS system on a daily basis. Prepare daily cash bags and coin boxes. Maintain and balance cash on daily basis.
DUTIES AND RETSPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and receipt a variety of payments and other cash and cash-related transactions; verify and post to appropriate accounts; issue receipts
- Enter total cash into SPS system to calculate total cash received
- Count money, give change and issue receipts for funds received
- Keep cashier area neat and stocked with necessary supplies
- Prepare cash receipts for bank deposit
- Prepare daily cash reports and balance the cash drawer
- Balance / reconcile cash daily and petty cash voucher receipts daily, and investigate and resolve any out-of-balance problems
- Process / verify daily cashier cash transfers
- Maintain electronic files necessary to generate daily reports
- Provide information to patrons regarding pertinent rules, policies, and procedures related to cash and cash-related transactions
- Direct patrons to proper offices, as appropriate, to seek resolution of problems beyond the information available to the cashier
- Facilitate the handover of daily takings with CIT officers
- Monitoring cash when counted by internal bank in counting house
- Daily balancing with cashiering cashbook administrator at the end of the day
- Allocating of sundries payments (trolley, electricity and rent)
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Grade 12
- 6 months cashiering experience.
- Ability to lift heavy containers
- Computer literacy
HOW TO APPLY
Joburg Market is an equal opportunity employer. All appointments will be made in accordance with Joburg Market Employment Equity Policy. Employer has the right not to make an appointment.
Email to [email protected] Please note all CV’s must have the following:
Attachments: Cover Letter, certified copy of ID, and supporting qualifications, if not attached your application will not be considered.
Please take note that if you are not contacted after 4 weeks of closing date, consider your CV as unsuccessful.
The closing date is 28 December 2023 at 12h00 Whites, Coloureds, Indians and South African living with Disability are encouraged to apply
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.