TABLE OF CONTENTS
Aspen Holdings invites qualifying candidates to submit their applications for the job vacancy: General Assistant.
Reference Number: GADec23
Location: Port Elizabeth
ABOUT ASPEN HOLDINGS
Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited is a public multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in uMhlanga, South Africa.
Founded in 1997, it listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 1998 and purchased South African Druggists in 1999 before expanding into international markets.
With a 170-year heritage, Aspen is a global specialty and branded multinational pharmaceutical company with a presence in both emerging and developed markets.
We have approximately 9 100 employees, 23 manufacturing facilities on 15 sites across 6 continents. We improve the health of patients in more than 115 countries through our high quality, affordable products.
Aspen focuses on manufacturing and marketing a broad range of post-patent, branded medicines, and domestic brands covering both hospital and consumer markets through our key business segments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, clean and inspect work areas and equipment.
- Handle and stage raw materials
- Sample work area(s) and equipment for contamination
- Sanitize drains and pipes to avoid contamination.
- Related administrative tasks.
- Execute production activities within established policies, practices and guidelines, as well as established quality and safety standards.
- Optimize own work processes.
- Identify gaps in current policies and procedures.
- Facilitate implementation of processes in own area of work
Inspections & Verifications
- Perform visual inspections of production area(s) and equipment.
- Perform pre-production checks such as environmental checks, scale checks, and equipment pre-checks as per BMR, SOP and product specifications.
- Verify scale and measuring equipment performance.
- Dispense, transfer, weigh and collect raw materials for processing.
- Ensure raw materials are staged for processing, in line with requirements.
- Set up the room and IBCs for production activities.
- Prepare solutions for production activities as per SOP.
Routine Support Tasks
- Clean work area(s) and equipment before and after processing of materials as per SOP and cleaning checklist
- Perform routine equipment checks and transfer of equipment.
- Collect samples of production area and equipment for testing
- Control contamination in area by flushing drains and pipes.
- Assist with sorting of defected products and discard/ minimize waste.
- Provide information to assist with campaign preparation.
- Identify and report on operational problems out of specification.
Reporting & Record Keeping
- Complete batch record labels
- Complete Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) sheets
- Perform half-hourly inspections of production area(s)
- Attend shift meetings
- Provide information for completion of reports
- Complete and consolidate standard documents.
- Maintain and update records and systems as required.
- National Certification (N3 Engineering) with 0-2 years’ related experience
- Manufacturing experience
Specific job skills
- Basic technical knowledge of pharmaceutical production processes, procedures, systems and equipment.
- Basic understanding of pharmaceutical standards and compliance requirements
- Finalizing outputs
- Following procedures
- Taking action
- Information gathering
HOW TO APPLY
Ensure you upload your motivation letter with your CV, Matric Certificate, ID Copy and academic transcripts.
Aspen is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and suitably qualified job applicants are invited to submit their CV online.
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups through a fair recruitment and selection process in accordance with laws governing employment equity, where such laws are applicable to the Aspen entity that will employ the successful candidate.
If you have not heard from the HR department within 30 days of this advert closing, please consider your application unsuccessful.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.