TABLE OF CONTENTS
Omnia Group invites qualifying South African citizens to appy for the Omnia STEM Tertiary Bursary Programme 2024.
Closing date: Monday, January 15, 2024 at 12 pm midday
ABOUT OMNIA GROUP
Omnia is a diversified Group that conducts research and development, manufactures and supplies chemicals and specialised services and solutions for the agriculture, mining and chemicals application industries.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, with operations in 25 countries, Omnia has more than six decades’ experience in the business. Additionally, Omnia continues to grow its global footprint, with businesses in Australasia and Brazil, and clients in other regions such as North America and Canada.
Omnia provides customised, knowledge based, Innovative Solutions through its Agriculture, Mining and Chemicals divisions. These divisions include Omnia Nutriology, Axioteq™, BME, Protea Mining Chemicals and Protea Chemicals.
ABOUT THE OMNIA STEM BURSARY
Educating our next generation is vital to achieving Omnia’s purpose: Innovating to enhance life, together creating a greener future.
The Group remains focused on critical issues such as securing a healthy and adequate food supply for a growing population, effecting a lower impact on the environment and ensuring safer operations for Omnia’s employees and customers.
The bursary aims to support financially needy students at universities, thereby contributing to the development of higher education graduates who are confident and proud of their African identity and heritage, academically and socially adept, and equipped with the skills and competencies enabling them to become professionals in their fields.
The bursaries cover the expenses of tuition fees, textbooks, residence or accredited accommodation costs, meals and a transport allowance for those students living at home.
WHO CAN APPLY
Offer is specific to STEM-related qualifications.
- Be South African citizens.
- Be pursuing a FULL-TIME qualification IN 2024 (Advanced Diploma, BTech, Degree/Honours, Masters/Phd), excluding Diplomas & higher-certificates
- Be pursuing their qualification-level for the first time (ie, not repeating a degree, honours, etc)
- Have good academic record with an average pass rate of 65% and above
- Be doing Mathematics (pure) and Science if in matric (2023)…[Maths Literacy not allowed]
- Applicants must be pursuing a qualification or intending to pursue a qualification at PUBLIC tertiary institution registered with DHET and SAQA. (This includes community colleges and TVETS)
- The bursary will prefer students enrolled in BSc or B.Eng programs, but any degrees majoring in the following qualifications (at Omnia’s sole discretion)
- Chemistry & Chemical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Agronomy/Agricultural Sciences
- Soil Science
- Data Science – Mathematics
- Computer Sciences
- Environment Science
- Open to Postgrad qualifications
HOW TO APPLY
Please read these notes and instructions carefully before completing the form. Be sure to read every section and ensure that the information you provide is accurate.
- Applications that are incomplete and that include misrepresentations will immediately be disregarded.
- Please ensure that you attach ALL of the Required Documents
- Closing date for application type:
- Omnia STEM Tertiary Bursary 2024 closes: Monday, January 15, 2024 at 12 midday
- Bursary allocation year for application type:
- Omnia STEM Tertiary Bursary 2024 will be allocated for the 2024 academic year
- It is your responsibility to apply for entrance for your intended course and university and to ensure that you are able to meet the entrance requirements stipulated for your course.
- Please ensure that you complete all the sections of this application form.
- Please select the correct funding opportunity when completing your application.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail once we have received your application.
- You will be advised if your application is unsuccessful. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interviews.
- Good Luck!
Please prepare the following documents:
- A one-page statement clearly setting out why you have chosen your field of study and how you intend to use it after graduation.
- Certified copy of a valid South African identity document
- Recent certified Parents/Guardian’s valid South African ID (or death certificate if deceased)*
- A CV of work experience and background (lack of experience will not disadvantage your application)
- All certified documents must be less than 3 months old.
- *Where you have multiple documents for 1 submission, please combine/scan them into 1 file that you can upload.
- Grade 12 Term 2 Report (stamped) – With official school stamp
- Grade 11 end-year report (with school stamp)
- Certified copy of valid matric certificate (Grade 12)
- 2023 Official Proof of Registration at university (for 2023 academic year) – Must be official document from university
- Certified copy of the latest Official academic transcript/s- (For applicants that have enrolled at multiple institutions during their tertiary studies*)
- Disability? Dept of Labour Employment Equity Act (EEA1) Form AND a Doctors’ Letter *
- Did you get funded by another bursary/NSFAS?; upload your bursary agreement/letter/offer*
- A copy of 2024 acceptance letter from an accredited institution. – Official letter showing you’ve been accepted (even provisionally) to study the qualification in 2024*
For applicants under the age of 18, to comply with POPI regulations a signed consent form completed by your parent/legal guardian along with a certified copy of their proof of identity is required.
You can download the guardian consent form by clicking HERE.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.