TABLE OF CONTENTS
PPC is recruiting and invites recent graduates to apply for the Safety, Health and Environment Internship 2024.
Closing date: 21 December 2023
|Safety, Health and Environment
Location: Slurry, North West, South Africa
This internship is a professional learning experience that offers meaningful, practical work related to a student’s field of study or career interest.
An internship gives a student the opportunity for career exploration and development, and to learn new skills in their specific field of study.
WORKING AT PPC
PPC can trace back its beginning to more than 130 years to the outskirts of Tshwane (formerly known as Pretoria), South Africa.
Incorporated in 1892 as the first cement manufacturer in South Africa, we have extended our reach across sub-Saharan Africa over the years as a resilient organisation adapting and responding to changes in various operating environments.
PPC creates a healthy, rewarding and fulfilling working environment as we believe in creating sustainable growth and value for all of stakeholders. It is the passion and determination of Team PPC that forms the company’s heartbeat.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with conducting weekly environmental Inspections at operational level
- Assist in capturing environmental issues on areas of non-compliance identified during inspections, evaluations, and audits on Isometrix.
- Assist in facilitating environmental inductions and conducting environmental awareness within Slurry.
- Advise line management on environmental related trends relating to compliance with legislations and standards.
- Conduct research on environmental related information for site specific improvement
- Assist in the effective implementation and control of ISO 14001
- Assist in collection and capturing of sustainability data for reporting.
- Assist in timeous reporting to management of Environmental emergency incidents.
- B.Sc. Environmental Sciences or Degree/Diploma in Environmental Management
- 0 – 2 years’ experience in a Mining or Cement industry
HOW TO APPLY
PPC considers Company strategy, Diversity and Inclusion, including Employment Equity and Succession Plan, region and geographical location of the position as well as overall business requirements when recruiting for any position within the company.
Apply directly on the PPC careers portal using the link buttons below:
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.