TABLE OF CONTENTS
Momentum Metropolitan is recruiting and invites recent graduates to apply for the job vacancy: Personal Assistant.
Closing date: 14 December 2023
|Personal Assistant To Head Of Multiply
|Some of the time
Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Provide an effective and efficient administrative, secretarial and operational assistant function to support the manager and department.
ABOUT METROPOLITAN AND MOMENTUM
Through our client-facing brands Metropolitan and Momentum, with Multiply (wellness and rewards programme), and our other specialist brands, including Guardrisk and Eris Property Group, the group enables business and people from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and life aspirations.
We help people grow their savings, protect what matters to them and invest for the future. We help companies and organisations care for and reward their employees and members.
Through our own network of advisers or via independent brokers and utilising new platforms Momentum Metropolitan provides practical financial solutions for people, communities and businesses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all aspects of meetings, workshops and functions (venue logistics, catering) according to manager’s requirements, and within budget parameters.
- Administrative support for meetings and workshops (collate, compile and distribute agendas, presentations, minutes within agreed timeframes).
- Manage travel arrangements for manager, according to agreed business process and budget parameters.
- Manage incoming calls and correspondence (paper and electronic), responding independently where possible and in line with authorised judgement.
- Order and control refreshments, office supplies and equipment, ensuring enough stock is always available, in line with budget parameters.
- Ensure files (paper and electronic) are kept in order and easily accessible by manager.
- Prepare and check invoices and arrange for payments to ensure adherence to requirements and Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure office equipment is regularly maintained by relevant service providers.
- Monitor and respond to incoming communication on behalf of line manager, where appropriate, ensuring efficiency and timeous response.
- Escalate faults and other housekeeping issues with the relevant service provider and ensure queries are resolved within agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
- Manage and reconcile expenses in line with allocated budget and within defined policy guidelines.
- Contribute to the financial planning process within area.
- Identify opportunities to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
- Matric Certificate
- Office administration, secretarial or equivalent qualification (desirable)
- 2-3 years’ relevant admin experience
- Relevant business system (preferred)
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Budget management
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Business Acumen
- Client/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for Results
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Motivating and Inspiring Team
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Growing Talent
HOW TO APPLY
We are committed to Employment Equity, diversity and inclusion when recruiting internally and externally.
All appointments are made in alignment to our Employment Equity goals and we encourage people with disabilities to apply.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.