Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
South African National Parks (SANParks) invites suitablly qualified candidates to apply for the vacancy: Corporate Insurance Officer.
Closing date: 30 November 2023
Location: The Organisation requires the services of a Corporate Insurance Officer in the Chief Operating Officer’s division. This position will be based at the Groenkloof National Park, Pretoria.
Salary: R 269 447 – R 440 101. The remuneration package is based on benefits as specified in the HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Services of SANParks.
South African National Parks (SANParks) was established in terms of the National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act, 2003 (Act No 57 of 2003).
The primary mandate of SANParks is to oversee the conservation of South Africa’s biodiversity, landscapes, and associated heritage assets through a system of national parks.
It also must ensure that South Africans participate and get involved in biodiversity initiatives and that all its operations have a synergistic existence with neighbouring communities for their educational and socioeconomic benefit.
One of the strategic directions of SANParks is growing community support, providing access, benefit-sharing and benefiting local communities, thus the call for applications for the bursary opportunity.
- Registering new claims as per the agreed terms of the insurance policy
- Obtain all the necessary documents from various stakeholders.
- Action queries and manage the claim process and timelines.
- Action current-day dairy notes and guide and update the relevant Park.
- Action all In Progress and outstanding claims.
- Ensure that the relevant payout from insurance is achieved.
- Process payment to suppliers and finalize claims.
- Conduct an Insurance risk survey and recommend mitigation measures to prevent incidents/ claims.
- Conducting a post-claim analysis and developing mitigation measures to prevent- the re-occurrence.
- Conduct research and advise line managers about new trends in the industry with the aim of enhancing and improving the Insurance risk profile.
- Review all contracts within ERM to ensure proper clauses are included to protect the vulnerability of SANParks.
- Ensure Disclaimers Signs/ Indemnity signare up to date and acceptable to insurers.
- Obtaining critical information in and outside the organization for insurance renewal purposes
- Critically analyses the insurance questionnaires and sources and accurately provides answers.
- Complete proposal forms, and other insurance-related questionnaires.
- Meaningfully liaise with the brokers/insurers and any other stakeholders.
- Guide the parks with the required standard/ conduct relating to insurance requirements.
- Ensure the accuracy of the database (completeness and correct values of all assets)
- Ensure the improvement of the electronic claims management system.
- Ensure the existence of and maintenance of a proper and accurate filling system.
- Reports on a weekly/monthly/ quarterly basis.
- Manage own work, and ensure the workflows.
- Support and supply all information required during the audit.
- Ensure within the office environment the compliance and adherence to all internal policies and Insurance policies (e.g. SCM prescripts, claims procedures, SOP ).
- Supply various units with various reports as and when needed.
- Ensure that the organization is adequately insured (not underinsured, and not overinsured) by adding, removing, adjusting values and all assets during the year.
- Manage Large Claims with the project management style.
- Guide the Parks during catastrophic incidents on insurance requirements.
- Be in possession of a Diploma in Insurance and Risk management or equivalent qualification. A BCom degree in Insurance and Risk management will be advantageous.
- Should have 2 – 4 years experience in short-term insurance (at the broker or at the insurer)
- Must have a drivers license and be able to drive.
- Must be able to travel and sleep out (for work purposes) for at least a week.
- Must be prepared to walk in the field (trails) when necessary.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Understanding of the short-term insurance environment.
- Knowledge of technical insurance ( short term Insurance).
- Understanding of Risk Management
- Computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Planning And Organising.
- Problem Solving.
- Computer skills (Excel; Word, Power Point).
- Listening skills.
- Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Conflict Resolution skills.
- Collaborative skills.
- Organisational Skills.
- Report writing.
- Administrative skills.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Influencing and advising.
- Ethical Practice and Adhering to Organizational Values.
- Effective Communication (verbal and written).
- Information Management.
- Analytical Skills maintain up-to-date files and ensure security and confidentiality of Information.
- Maintain productive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Exercise Sensitivity and Discretion in Handling Confidential/Private Information and Materials.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the above-stated qualifications should forward their applications which should consist of a cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualification(s), and Identity Document (certified within 3-month period) to the following address:
Human Resources Division
SA National Parks
PO Box 787
Fax: 086 295 4078
E-mail: [email protected]
Applicants in possession of foreign qualifications are to submit evaluated results by the South African Qualification Authority.
If you have not received a response within 21 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only interested persons who meet the above-stated requirements should apply using the below link:
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!