TABLE OF CONTENTS
Google is now accepting applications for the Data Analytics Apprenticeship 2024, a learning and development program for 24 months.
Closing date: 15 December 2023
ABOUT THE JOB
The Google Data Analytics Apprenticeship is a learning and development program for 24 months, Apprentices are expected to join in person at their assigned in-office and participate full-time (~40 hours, weekly) throughout the program.
The program includes work experience with a Google team supported by external training to empower those looking to start a career in Data Analytics.
You will spend 20% of your time studying in a tailored training program and the rest of the time on projects with assigned Google teams to gain direct experience.
Selected applicants will be matched to a team and will need to co-locate, teams could be in Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Mumbai or Bangalore. Relocation assistance is provided for those who move +100km to their matched office location.
Apprenticeships are not a full-time permanent opportunity, the program is 24 months in duration. While the program is open to those who are interested in Data Analytics careers, recent graduates and individuals with work experience in other industries may apply.
- Assess data accurately and identify anomalies, create documents for knowledge sharing, and conduct custom analysis to uncover industry insights for Google’s customers.
- Solve real life problems while developing and learning from working leaders. Use data to quantify the business impact of Google media recommendations.
- Gain an understanding of the data lifecycle and how this translates to different business units solving issues with data. Gain practice with a range of tools and techniques, distilling down data for actionable takeaways and making recommendations across different business groups.
- Develop knowledge of essential data analysis skills and use spreadsheets and programming languages to organize and analyze data.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Maximum 1 year of experience in data analytics post graduation
- Experience with using Google Workspace (e.g., Gmail, Chrome, Docs, Sheets, etc.) or similar applications
- Ability to communicate in English fluently
- Knowledge of data analysis or interest in working with numbers and patterns
- Basic understanding of of SQL Programming
- Ability to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions, and seek help/advice where appropriate
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate in more than one Indian regional languages fluently
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete your application before December 15, 2023.This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Applicants must include both a resume and a cover letter with their application, clearly calling out their year of graduation.
Cover letters should be concise (maximum of 1 page or 300 words ) describing why they would like to join the program, why they are a good fit and how they feel it will help them develop in their careers, highlighting their achievements and aspirations.
The whole process will spread across 18 to 20 weeks, kindly be patient during the same.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Hyderabad, Telangana, India; Gurgaon, Haryana, India; Bangalore, Karnataka, India; Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.