Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Northern Cape Department of Education is hiring and invites applications for the job vacancy: Administrative Clerk (School-Based) [x2 posts].
Closing date: 14 November 2023
- Post: Administrative Clerk (School-Based) [ 2 posts ]
- Salary: R202 233.00 – R235 611.00 per annum
- School: Kimberley Academy (Old Redirile), Kimberley Sub-Directorate: Frances Baard District
- Reference No. KA/ADMINCLERK/10/2023
Location: Kimberley Academy School (Old Redirile)
- Grade 12 or equivalent recognized qualification and at least 0 – 2 years’ work experience
- A post-matric office administration/secretarial qualification and experience in office administration will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of procedures and processes applied in office management
- Computer literacy is a prerequisite
- Knowledge of and experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & the Internet
- Sound typing skills
- Ability to do speed typing and utilize software packages effectively to type more advanced documents which include tables and graphs will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of financial, provisioning and administration procedures and processes
- Knowledge of operating office machines and equipment
- Ability to perform under pressure & cope with heavy workload
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Good written, verbal and liaising communication skills
- Planning, organising and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret directives
- Good telephone etiquette
- Understanding of confidentiality in Government and relevant legislation
- High level of reliability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Execute the following duties:
- Rendering general office administrative and clerical services
- Rendering switchboard, reception and client referral services
- Handling personnel and related matters including the Management and Implementation of the HRMS (Human Resource Management System)
- Managing logistical issues
- Handling procurement
- Rendering financial administration services
- Managing the implementation of SA-SAMS (South African Schools Administrative Management System) and the Data-Driv- en District (DDD) System
- Providing administrative and secretarial support to the school’s Principal.
HOW TO APPLY
NOTE: Please do not respond to this advert if you do not meet the above requirements of the post(s)
Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form Z83 (obtainable from any Public Service Department office or a link at the bottom of this post) which must be originally signed, dated by the applicant.
Only Short-listed candidates must produce and certified copies of original educational qualifications certificates, drivers license (where it is required), certified copy of ID document, proof of citizenship if not an SA citizen.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifica- tions Authority (SAQA).
Under no circumstances will photocopies or faxed copies of application document be accepted. All applications, including those submitted via registered mail must reach the department before 16h00 on the day of the closing date.
Incomplete applications, those sent or delivered to the wrong address and those received after the closing date will be disqualified.
The NCDoE is committed to providing equal opportunities and practicing affirmative action employ- ment, including the national target that 2% of all staff should consist of people with disabilities.
In this regard every opportunity to employ or promote a person with disability will be utilized. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender, disability) in the Department through the filling of these posts and a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representativity will receive preference.
Due to the large volume of applications to be processed, receipt of applications may not be acknowledged, and applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within three (3) months from the closing date must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
Once applicants have submitted an application they will not be allowed access to be given back their applications.
Please submit or send applications stating the post for which you are applying to the District Director: Frances Baard District, Northern Cape Department of Education, Private Bag X5041, Kimberley, 8300, for the attention of the Deputy Director: Corporate Services Ms A. Jansen or Hand Deliver: 9 Hayston Road, Hadison Park, Kimberley, 8301
CLOSING DATE: 14 November 2023 @ 16H00
Enquiries: Ms. A Jansen @ 053 830 1600
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!