Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is recruiting and invites applications for the vacancy: People Relations Intern – P1.
Closing Date: 09 November 2023
Location: Kempton Park, Gauteng, ZA
In this role you will be a member of the Human Resources Department, which will provide you theoretical and practical experience on People Relations matters, to assist in promoting harmonious workplace relations and sound employment practices in accordance with relevant labour legislation and the company’s policies and procedures.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and infrastructure industries.
Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying.
The focus lies on bringing value to customers through high-performing products that increase productivity and safety as well as to provide services and flexible maintenance programs that extend uptime and cut costs.
We offer an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for professional development.
At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret and administer individual employment contracts so that they are applied in accordance with relevant regulations, laws, and the organization’s employment policies and standards.
- Conduct research and analysis on employee relations issues so that other managers, legal counsel, mediators, and external consultants are well-prepared for bargaining, negotiation, and dispute resolution procedures.
- Keep up to date with the employee relations climate in the organization and the industry and with proposed and actual changes in employee relations regulations, so that the organization’s employee relations policies remain current and relevant.
- Respond to employee grievances
- Maintain appropriate documentation
- Share information and knowledge internally.
- Assist the organization in implementation of relevant policies and procedures.
- A minimum of an LLB degree,
- Admission as attorney or advocate is advantageous
- Solid understanding of HR practices, policies and procedures
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English Proficiency
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online through the links at the bottom of this post.
Please note that, should you not receive any response from us within 14 days, your application has been unsuccessful; we however thank you for your interest in our company.
In Line with our EE Plan, HDSA (Historically disadvantaged South African) candidates will be given first preference.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!