Volkswagen Group South Africa is hiring and invites applications for the vacancy: Maintenance Technician – Assembly.
Closing date: 2023/06/09
|Job Title||Maintenance Technician – Assembly (PA 1195)|
Applications are invited from suitably qualified & experienced employees to fill the above vacancy in Production – Final Assembly Department.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Modification and analysis of any deviation of machine performance from manufacturer’s specs.
- Responsible for identifying and sourcing critical spares for equipment in work area.
- Maintaining, faultfinding and repair equipment in line with health & safety protocols & standards.
- Analyse breakdowns and implement preventative measures to eliminate reoccurrences.
- Conduct routine and non-routine maintenance tasks.
- Support all maintenance personnel during faultfinding processes in order to improve plant availability and ensure high levels of plant readiness at all times.
- Ensure that backups of all Critical Operating Files, e.g. PLC programs, Robots, AC/DC Drives are maintained.
Education and Experience:
- NN Diploma/National Diploma/Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics Engineering
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an Automotive Manufacturing plant within a maintenance environment
Skills, Attributes & Other requirements
- Possesses skills on AC and DC control speed drives, preferably SEW and Siemens.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong programming experience, preferably Siemens Simatic S7/ TIA Portal would be advantageous
- Be able to install and change IP addresses, modify & analyse any deviation of machine performance
- Understanding of network architecture and network topologies would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Siemens Serv1 and 2
- Knowledge of Profibus, Interbus and Profinet. Profisafe would be advantageous
- Knowledge of S7 distributed safety would be an added advantage
- Be prepared to work shift, weekends, additional and emergency hours
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Package
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels, both verbal and written
- Good attendance record
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.