Respiratory Care Africa (RCA) is recruiting and invites applications for the Clinical Engineering P2 Internship 2023.
Closing date: 09 June 2023
VACANCY: Clinical Engineering P2 Internship (x6)
REPORTS TO: Inhouse Technical Manager
RCA has been built, since 1998, with exceptional people, products and service and we aim to maintain and expand on our status in the Medical Devices Industry as the preferred choice for our customers and our employees.
We are committed to focused growth for a sustainable business for all our partners, and constantly strive for the delivery of consistent excellence in all areas of our business. We strive to deliver Consistent Committed Service to all our internal and external customers.
We are looking for a self-motivated, professional, and highly enthusiastic Clinical Engineering Intern to complete his/her P2 Experiential Learning.
As an intern, you will be working alongside our experienced Clinical Engineers to learn how to diagnose, repair, and maintain medical equipment as per the OEM’s specifications.
The primary objective of this internship is to provide you with hands-on experience, allowing you to develop your technical skills and gain insight into the responsibilities of a Clinical Engineer.
You’ll have an opportunity to learn about various medical devices, testing, trouble-shooting, and verification, while working alongside a talented team of professionals.
- Assist in repairing and maintaining medical equipment under the guidance of Clinical Engineers.
- Work in collaboration with other departments within the organization and build your communication and team-working skills.
- Learn to conduct fault-finding and troubleshooting exercises to diagnose faults.
- Develop a sense of urgency while working on critical medical devices.
- Ensure proper reporting of work performed and provide accurate and detailed feedback to project leads.
- Verification and testing of medical equipment.
- Maintain logs and equipment inventory records.
- Develop skills in computer literature, with knowledge of various software applications.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the Clinical/Electrical Engineering field.
- Demonstrates great attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Must have strong fault-finding and technical skills.
- Must possess a sense of urgency in completing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to provide professional and clear reports.
- Experience with medical equipment or software is an added advantage.
If you are ready to take your first step in becoming a Clinical Engineer and are willing to learn from experienced professionals, we encourage you to apply. This is a unique opportunity to start your career in Clinical Engineering and add value to the healthcare sector.
We offer a friendly work environment, and an opportunity to be part of ground breaking medical equipment repair and maintenance projects.
Please submit your application, along with your resume with a short motivation in support of your application with all your certificates including and COVID 19 vaccination certificate, in the Clinical Engineering Internship role to [email protected], by no later than 9th of June 2023.
Should you not be contacted within two weeks of your application being submitted, please consider you application unsuccessful.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.