PwC South Africa is recruiting and invites applications from qualifying candidates for the Transfer Pricing Graduate Programme (SAIT) 2024.
Closing date: 24 July 2023
Location: Cape Town, Johannesburg
|Opportunity||Transfer Pricing Programme (SAIT) 2024|
The PwC Tax Academy is aligned with the Transfer Pricing Tax Professional Internship of the South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT).
You’ll be exposed to a wide range of assignments in transfer pricing within tax. Transfer pricing is a hot topic in international tax and you will be exposed to the best practice and theory (both from an international and local perspective).
- work on a range of transfer pricing assignments, reporting to managers and/or partners and advising clients on a variety of transfer pricing/tax-related issues
- produce high-level transfer pricing opinions that add value to clients’ businesses
- perform transfer-pricing-related pre-issuance work
- undertake transfer pricing/tax-related research
- assess commercial facts and apply the appropriate tax law
- interpret tax legislation
- liaise with the South African Revenue Service (SARS) and handle transfer pricing queries raised by SARS
- assist with benchmarking of transactions in line with international best practices
- comply with risk management procedures
- perform general project administration and work closely with the team to ensure client deadlines are met
- liaise with the broader international PwC transfer pricing network on global clients
- We’re looking for candidates who are in the postgraduate year of their tax qualification or who already have a postgraduate qualification in tax.
- A solid academic track record (60% aggregate) and the willingness to learn.
- A good understanding and knowledge of tax laws (familiarity with the Income Tax, VAT, Tax Administration, and Customs and Excise Acts would be an advantage).
- Excellent research skills.
Proficient research skills.
The PwC Professional is our global leadership development framework. It outlines the capabilities that we look for in all our people — from associate to partner level — that will help us to thrive as purpose-led and values-driven leaders..
We look for and develop these qualities in all our people:
Whole leadership: I lead myself and others to make a difference and create a positive impact in a responsible, authentic, resilient, inclusive and passionate manner.
Business acumen: I bring business knowledge, innovation and insight to create distinctive value for clients and PwC.
Technical and digital: I apply a range of technical, digital and other professional capabilities to deliver quality and value.
Global and inclusive: I operate and collaborate effectively with a mindset that transcends boundaries and embraces diverse perspectives.
Relationships: I build relationships of high value, which are genuine and meaningful.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.