PwC South Africa is recruiting and invites applications from qualifying candidates for the Tax Graduate Programme (SAIT) 2024.
Closing date: 31 July 2023
Location: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Gqeberha
|Opportunity||Tax Programme (SAIT) 2024|
The PwC Tax Academy is aligned with the Tax Professional Internship of the South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT). Our three-year rotational programme affords you work across many areas of Tax to develop a broad base of compliance and consulting skills in addition to various internal courses.
You’ll be exposed to a wide range of assignments before selecting your own path within Tax, that aligns to your talents and interests. You can be the master of your career.
Your career will be built in a team-oriented, open, trusting and inclusive environment. Team leaders and coaches act as mentors, helping you to make the most of your experiences so that you can grow, explore new opportunities and achieve your potential!
- work on a range of tax assignments, reporting to managers and/or partners and advising clients on a variety of tax-related issues
- produce high-level tax opinions that add value to clients’ businesses
- perform tax-related pre-issuance work
- perform tax reviews as part of statutory audits
- undertake tax-related research
- assess commercial facts and apply the appropriate tax law
- interpret tax legislation
- liaise with the South African Revenue Service (SARS) and handle queries raised by SARS
- comply with risk management procedures
- perform general project administration and work closely with the audit team to ensure client deadlines are met
We’re looking for candidates who are in the postgraduate year of their tax qualification or who already have a postgraduate qualification in tax.
A solid academic track record (60% aggregate) and the willingness to learn. A good understanding and knowledge of tax laws (specifically VAT and Tax Administration Acts; Income Tax and Customs Act would be an advantage).
Proficient research skills.
The PwC Professional is our global leadership development framework. It outlines the capabilities that we look for in all our people — from associate to partner level — that will help us to thrive as purpose-led and values-driven leaders.
We look for and develop these qualities in all our people:
Whole leadership: I lead myself and others to make a difference and create a positive impact in a responsible, authentic, resilient, inclusive and passionate manner.
Business acumen: I bring business knowledge, innovation and insight to create distinctive value for clients and PwC.
Technical and digital: I apply a range of technical, digital and other professional capabilities to deliver quality and value.
Global and inclusive: I operate and collaborate effectively with a mindset that transcends boundaries and embraces diverse perspectives.
Relationships: I build relationships of high value, which are genuine and meaningful.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.