Rand Refinery is hiring and invites qualified and suitably experienced persons to apply for the vacancy: Laboratory Analyst.
CLOSING DATE: 10 JUNE 2023
Reference Number: Analyst2023
- Description: ANALYST – LABORATORY
- TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: FIXED-TERM (12 MONTHS)
- DIVISION: SHEQ AND EVALUATION
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The purpose of this role is to analyse the samples from external and internal customers according to the set standard operation procedures for the specific task.
DIVERSITY OF WORK
- Works within analytical section at an interpretive level, however analytical function is part of the Laboratory.
- Open ended, production decisions or recommendations, requiring understanding of analytical processes.
- Ensure all samples are analyse to the specific standard operating procedure;
- Ensure all relative sample information is entered correctly and efficiently into computer systems(LIMS,SAP);
- Ensure that the correct preparation principles are applied before assaying and sampling Standards and principles;
- Perform continuous control monitoring to ensure that processes are running smoothly;
- Issue certificates for the samples when they are of the specified standard.
- Grade 12;
- National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in similar role.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge on customer samples;
- Problem identification knowledge;
- SHEQ knowledge;
- Assaying techniques;
- Equipment knowledge;
- Hazard identification;
- Numerical ability;
- Business knowledge;
- Administration, reporting and certification knowledge
- MS Office package;
- SAP and LIM knowledge.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.