Location: Springs, Gauteng, South Africa
Main Purpose of Job
To provide mechanical engineering support to the maintenance teams to ensure maximum asset safety, reliability, maintainability and performance.
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Dimensions / KPI’s
- Achieve 0 Reportable accidents for area of control.
- Monitor mechanical equipment and provide mechanical engineering support to prevent breakdowns and failures.
- Work to agreed budgets and cost control.
- Liaise with drawing office in terms of procedures for drawing change control and updates of P&IDs.
- Develop & maintain electronic Technical Files for relevant projects.
- Develop & maintain procedural guidelines and Safe Working Procedures in line with SANS, Corporate and ISO 12100 standards for relevant projects.
- Conduct technical assessments of machinery and buildings regarding safety design and capability. Ensure scope and functional specifications are drawn up for relevant projects.
Qualifications / Education / Experience / Skills Required
- Minimum of a BSc/BEng/BTech. degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 0-1 year experience
- Experience in Tissue Manufacturing and or FMCG environment would be advantageous.
- Ensures EHS and, Regulatory compliance requirements are adhered to and accurate records are kept with regards to relevant projects.
- Comply with all Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) rules and regulations at all times
- Ensure machinery safety standards are adhered to in design scope and that risk assessments are completed for all relevant project machinery.
- Responsible for contracts and contractor control procedures and rules for relevant projects (KCSO).
- Requires understanding of Environmental, legal and KCC statutory requirements.
- Comply to KCC Safe Project Management standard
- Covers all aspects of relevant project best practices
- Ensures Kimberly Clark stakeholders, customers and end-users are consulted on with design and functionality of equipment.
- Maintain world class levels of housekeeping according to the 5’s housekeeping standards.
- Gives input for the maintenance strategy on the assets to provide continuous improvement in uptime and yield.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.