University of South Africa (UNISA) is recruiting and invites applications for the vacancy: Over-The-Counter Assistant (Fixed-term Contract period: 3 months).
- Assumption of duty: As soon as possible
- Salary: Remuneration is commensurate with the seniority of the position
EASTERN CAPE REGION
- East London counter x 2 (Ref/ EL10/SMPD
- Gqeberha counter x 2 (Ref/PE11/SMPD
- Mthatha counter x 2 (Ref/MT12/SMPD
- Durban counter x 5 (Re 1Durb021SMPD
- Pietermaritzburg counter x 2 (Rel/Ptb03/SMPD
- Ekurhuleni counter x1 (Rel/Ekl09/SMPD
Rote and the Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this post is to provide Over the Counter support with the picking, packing and shipping of parcels in the Counter Warehouse so that students that choose Counter as an option during registration, may receive their study material.
- Matric I Grade 12 certificate
- Completion of at least ten (10 modules and must currently be a registered Unisa student (Attach Academic record and proof of registration/Timetable).
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge
- The ability to function in a team as well as independently.
- Be able to work under pressure and handle deadlines.
- Must be accurate and be able to concentrate for extended periods.
- Must be prepared to learn and embrace new processes and systems (tools).
- Be able to work over-time where necessary
- MS Office packages (particularly Excel)
- Good problem-solving, analytical skills and planning skills.
- Good written and verbalcon1munication skills.
- Picking, packing and shipping of a ready packed study parcels
- Removal of study material not collected within three (3) days, unless arrangen1ents have been made by the student regarding the parcel to be collected.
- Recording of study material that has been collected by the students, in order to keep track of what has been collected, by whom and how many
- Assisting in other Warehouse operations as and when required, with training provided prior (i.e. Picking, packing shipping of individual items from the Warehouse into parcels).
- Ensuring Occupational Health and Safety.
Applications must be forwarded to the following Electronic Mail Addresses as per the area of preference:
EASTERN CAPE REGION
- [email protected] (Enquiries: Mr T Kgaswane – (043 709 0435)
- [email protected] (Enquiries: Ms N Ngonyama – (031 335 8135)
- [email protected] (Enquiries: Ms L Govender – (012 441 5737)
The completed prescribed FIXED-TERM APPLICATION FORM must be FULLY completed and be accompanied by a COMPREHENSIVE CURRICULUM VITAE plus CERTIFIED copies (within the previous three months) of;
- 2023 First semester proof of registration
- Academic record/Timeable of the qualification that you are currently registered for with UNISA, ▪ Grade 12 / Matric certificate, and
- Identity document
UNISA reserves the right to authenticate all qualifications without any further consent from the applicant.
The contact details of three contactable references must be provided, one of which must be from your present employer. If you are currently not employed, a contactable reference from your previous employer must be provided
The prescribed application form is obtainable from UNISA website: http://www.unisa.ac.za/vacancies/FixedTerm-HR-CA 001.doc
UNISA is not obliged to fill an advertised position. Late, incomplete and/or incorrect application form and reference number will not be considered.
Appointments will be made in accordance with Unisa’s Employment Equity Plan. We encourage applications from Persons with Disabilities
Applications must indicate the name of the relevant regional centre of Interest, the position applied for, and the reference number of the position. If you apply for more than one position, each application must be sent separately
All applications should reach UNISA before 16h00 on the closing date.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within two months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was not successful.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.