The Call for Applications is now out for the Africa Youth SDG Innovation Award 2023 and applications are invited.
Application Deadline: 11th June 2023
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), through its Subregional office for Southern Africa (SRO-SA) is organising a side event at the Fifth African Youth SDGs Summit tentatively planned for August in Lusaka, Zambia in collaboration with the Africa Youth SDG Summit and AfriLabs.
In this context, ECA SRO-SA and its partners are organizing a Youth SDG Innovation Award.
The award aims to recognize and reward outstanding young entrepreneurial efforts, that have successfully developed an innovation to resolve a specific problem for firms, governments, households or communities and with an impact on the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Who can apply?
The Africa Youth SDG Innovation Award is open to:
– any individual of African nationality who was between the age of 18 to 35 as at 31st December 2022
– who has designed an innovative product or designed an innovative process to resolve a specific development problem for society, and with a demonstrated impact on the achievement of the SDGs. The innovation may have been commercialized or is about to be commercialized.
– The innovative product or innovative process must be original and must have been developed no earlier than 31st December 2016.
The contest and side event will be funded by the UNDA13th tranche project “Innovative approaches for MSME competitiveness to promote trade and inclusive industrialization in Southern Africa in the Post-Covid context.”
We invite you to take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about the award and apply if you are eligible. By clicking the link below, you will gain access to all the information you need to know about the award, including the criteria for eligibility, the application process, and any important deadlines.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.