PG Group South Africa is recruiting and invites applications for the Work Integrated Learning – YES Programme (Truck Assistant) 2023.
Main job purpose
To assist the driver in the loading and offloading of glass and manoeuvering of the vehicle in the safest possible manner for delivery to customers,
Trucks to be loaded and off loaded onto a level surface or as close to it as possible,
Securing loads to be carried out according to loading and offloading procedure and double check during trips that glass is always properly tied and loaded in a safe manner
- Check for the most suitable place to load and off load the vehicle
- Complete quality check sheet while loading
- Load and offload in a safe manner
- Assist the driver and report any damage to any property
- Before leaving a Customer, ensure the load is restrained again before driving off
- Assist the driver when reversing or moving the truck in confined spaces or in unseen areas
- Assist where possible with control of paperwork
- Follow all work instructions, standard operating procedures and business rules
- Adhere to environmental, safety and housekeeping standards
- Any other tasks requested by the factory supervisor to be carried out to the best of your ability
- Willing to work overtime and weekends when required
Critical job requirements
- Grade 12
- Code 10 or higher valid driver’s licence with PrDP will be an advantage.
- Self motivating and independent starter
- High energy to work in a fast pace environment
- Mobility – ability to travel to work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Complete today’s work today
- Excellent Communication
- Proven analytical and numerical skills
- Experience in handling and moving of dangerous goods
- Experience in handling various types of glass products
- Knowledge and understanding and reading of drawings and production orders
- Necessary experience in glass handling and quality control
PG Group, and its subsidiaries, are committed to the principles of employment equity and as such are equal opportunity employers.
Qualified applicants who apply for any vacancies will be considered with due consideration based on of fairness and equity.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.