Limpopo Department of Health is recruiting Food Services General Workers x280 posts | APPLY WITH GRADE 12
The Limpopo Department of Health is hiring and invites applications for the vacancy: FOOD SERVICES GENERAL WORKERS x280 POSITIONS.
- Closing date: 26 May 2023
- Salary: R3 500.00
CENTRE: Capricorn District : Zebediela Hospital , Thabamoopo Hospital , Botlokwa Hospital , Seshego Hospital , Mankweng Hospital , Pietersburg Hospital , WF Knobel Hospital , Helene Franz Hospital ,Lebowakgomo Hospital 
Mopani District : Nkhensani Hospital , Letaba Hospital , Dr CN Phatudi Hospital , Van Velden Hospital ,Kgapane Hospital , Maphutha L Malatji Hospital , Evuxakeni Hospital 
Sekhukhune District : Dilokong Hospital , Mecklenburg Hospital , Groblersdal Hospital , Jane Furse Hospital , Matlala Hospital , Philadelphia Hospital , St Ritas Hospital 
Vhembe District : Elim Hospital , Tshilidzini Hospital , Malamulele Hospital , Messina Hospital , Donald Frazer Hospital , Hayani Hospital , Louis Trichardt Hospital , Siloam Hospital 
Waterberg District : Warmbaths Hospital , Witpoort Hospital , Mokopane Hospital , Thabazimbi Hospital , Voortrekker Hospital , FH Odendaal Hospital , George Masebe Hospital , Ellisras Hospital 
A) Qualifications and Competencies
- A minimum of Grade 12 and or ABET NQF level 4 certificate/ National Vocational certificate in Hospitality Management from TVET will be an added advantage.
- Inherent requirements of job: Must be able to work shifts (including night duty, weekends and public holidays). Willingness to work extra hours on short notice.
B) Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to lead and train students.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Knowledge of food service lines set-up and temperature requirements.
- Skill in cooking and preparing a variety of foods
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Comply with HACCP on food handling and preparations to ensure food safety
- Ensure that daily activities are in-line with the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Pre-preparation and cooking of food for normal diet as per standardized recipes
- Pre-preparation and cooking of food for therapeutic diet as per standardized recipes
- Portioning, serving (plating or bulk serving) and packing meal delivery carts according to the wards diet lists
- Pushing meal delivery carts to wards to deliver food as per ward list
- Collecting meal delivery carts from the wards after serving of each meal
- Placing servings in blender to make foods for soft or liquid diets.
- Assisting in packing of food into storerooms
- Packaging and labelling of therapeutic diets as per ward diet list
- Placing of items such as eating utensils, and condiments on trays.
- Apportioning and placing of food servings on plates and trays according to diet list
- Examining filled tray for completeness and places on cart, dumbwaiter, or conveyor belt.
- Washing dishes and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens.
- Collecting, placing and garbage and trash in designated containers.
- Emptying of waste bins at all times
- Cleaning, washing and maintaining work areas, including floors, facilities, pots, pans, service ware, utensils, and equipment; collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers; as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Handling of Dishwasher and cleaning of equipment’s and utensils before and after use.
- Supplying clean cutlery and crockery during meal times
- Reporting any faults, breakages and illness in the Food Service Unit(FSU)
- Cleaning of the FSU and food trolleys according to the cleaning schedule and after every meal preparation and serving.
ENQUIRIES: General enquiries about the advertised posts should be directed to Ms Sebola MF at 015 293 6002, Ms Mampshika SM at 015 293 6114 and Ms Mompei MM at 015 293 6126 during office hours
Applicants are hereby invited from suitable qualified candidates for EPWP work opportunities up to 31 March 2024.
Applications should be submitted on the New Z83 obtainable from any government institutions and must be accompanied by copies of required qualifications, Identity document and comprehensive CV.
To apply, click the link provided for each centre in the FULL ADVERT DOCUMENT attched below and follow the instructions.
The new Z83 form must be fully completed and signed by the applicant. The following must be considered in relation to the completion of the Z83 by applicants: All the fields in Part A, Part C and Part D must be completed. In Part B, all fields should be completed in full except the following: South African applicants need not provide passport numbers.
If an applicant responded “No” to the question “Are you conducting business with the State or are you a Director of a Public or Private company conducting business with the State? If yes (provide detail” then it is acceptable for an applicant to indicate not applicable or leave blank to the question, “In the event that you are employed in the Public Service, will you immediately relinquish such business interest?”.
Applicants may leave the following question blank if they are not in possession of such: “If your profession or occupation requires official registration, provide date and particulars of registration”.
Noting there is limited space provided for Part E,F & G, applicants often indicate “refer to Curriculum Vitae (CV) or see attached”, this is acceptable as long as the CV has been attached and provides the required information.
If the information is not provided in the CV, the applicant may be disqualified. It must be noted that a CV is an extension of the application of employment Z83, and applicants are accountable for the information that is provided therein.
The questions related to conditions that prevent re-appointment under Part F must be answered.
Successful candidates will be expected to work eight (8) hours per day.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to come for an interview, at which time, certified copies of all relevant qualifications and copy of ID must be submitted.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
Applicants responding to this circular should quote circular number and position number as reference on the Z83 application form. The Department reserves the right not to fill any advertised positions.
The closing date for applications is 26 May 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!