Sasol is recruiting for an Explosives Operator (Manual Assembly) | APPLY WITH GRADE 12
Sasol is hiring and invites qualifying candidates to submit applications for the vacancy: Explosives Operator Grade 1 – Manual Assembly.
- Closing date: 31 May 2023
- Location: Ekandustria (Bronkhorstspruit), South Africa
Short Description / Purpose of Job: To assemble non-electric delay initiation systems on a manual assembly machine
- Crimping & Blocking of the Explosives
- Coiling of the shock tube
- Sealing & Tagging of the Explosives
- Explosives Packaging
- Assemble different products according to the specifications on the lot traveller. Competency required on all the different assembly machines (crimping machine, coiling machine, sealing machine, tagging machine). Operators may be required to operate two machines simultaneously.
- Do quality checks on assembled products to ensure that all units meet specified customer requirements.
- Do stock count on all the raw materials in the production area.
- Bundle, count and pack assembled units in boxes according to specified requirements as stipulated on the lot traveller
- General housekeeping inside the assembly area.
- Do measurements of specifications using relevant measuring tools and capture information on the lot traveller e.g. Vernier calliper.
- Adjust the settings of the equipment/machine according to the specific product specifications as indicated on the lot traveller
- Operators are also required to report on daily production and breakdowns
- Manually updating production graphs after daily production on the wall next to each production cell
- Good communication skills (proficient in English)
- Be able to work under pressure
- Be able to work full shifts and overtime
- Consciences and diligent
- Detail oriented
- Maintain a high standard of integrity
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Able to work on your own with little supervision
- Grade 12 Maths and Science will be an advantage
- 12 months+ experience in Explosives manufacturing
Certification & Professional Membership
Collaboration: The action of working with someone to produce something
Compliance: Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
Execution capability: The underlying ability to execute a strategy/project or day to day work
Problem Solving: Is a step-by-step process of defining a problem, searching for information, and testing a series of solutions until the problem is solved. In involves critical thinking, analysis and persistence.
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Sasol is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!