Africa Fellows in Education Program 2023/2024 for young African researchers | UP TO $60,000 GRANT
The Global Education Analytics Institute (GEAI) invites young African researchers to submit an expression of interest in the Africa Fellows in Education Program 2023/2024.
Closing date: 21 May 2023
The fellowship is run in collaboration with Partners in Education Policy (PEP) and targets African youth who are motivated to work on educational improvement and who could benefit from additional support.
The program enables the fellows to participate in a two-year research and policy development fellowship that introduces them to relevant research and analytical experiences and to international networks of researchers and policy advisers.
The Global Education Analytics Institute (GEAI) and The Africa Fellows in Education Program (AFE) is supported by the Yidan Prize.
Funding includes a $35K research (cash) grant. Other expenses, with a value of up to $25K, for mentorship, study visits, conference travel, and in-country workshops to share research findings and training will be covered directly by the Program.
To be eligible for this call, applicants must:
- Be a national of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- Have an MA or Ph.D. degree, preferably in Economics, education policy, social/public policy, development studies or international development, with a strong focus on education. While a Ph.D. is not mandatory, GEAI encourages fresh Ph.D. graduates who can benefit from mentorship and additional training to become solid researchers;
- Be proficient in quantitative data analysis, with a strong knowledge of data analysis software such as R and Stata;
- Not be older than 35 years old;
- Demonstrate interest in education policy research and analysis;
- Have an affiliation at a research or higher education institution in a Sub-Saharan African country, and intend to do so for the foreseeable future;
- Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Africa Fellows application process is managed by GEAI, in collaboration with PEP. The applications will be assessed based on a number of factors, including prior preparation and quality of essay (see below). The expression of interest by the applicants should include:
- A two-page statement of interest;
- A two-page essay. In this essay, the applicant must think and write about a specific education problem in their home country and how such a problem could be scientifically evaluated using quantitative methods. The essay must be prepared in English;
- A detailed and updated CV with at least two (2) referees whom the selection committee can contact.
Applications must be submitted via the PEP intranet system (see detailed procedure below), before the 21st of May 2023 (23:59 GMT).
Here are the steps to submit your application:
- STEP 1: Register on the PEP website: click Register (see also the top right corner of the PEP website, next to “Login”) and fill out all required information.
- Your profile will be activated within 24 hours. Your username is the email address that you use to register.
- STEP 2: Access your PEP account. Once your profile has been activated, you can access your PEP account by clicking on the Login button (also top right corner above).
- STEP 3: Complete your “profile”: click on your name (top right corner of your PEP account page).
- Include all information relevant for this application – birthday, highest diploma, institution, position, etc. (see eligibility criteria) – and upload your updated CV.
- We also strongly encourage to include a photo and short professional bio.
- When finished, click on SUBMIT at the bottom of your profile page.
- STEP 4: Go to the menu under “My workspace” (top left corner) and click on “Submit a proposal”.
- Follow the instructions and upload your statement of interest and essay as one/combined document.
- Once finished, to make sure that the submission was successful, return to your PEP account and click on “My Projects” (under “My workspace). Select the project and go to “Documents” to find or replace/update your document.
See also Africa Fellows for Education – Terms of References
Submit your application for the Africa Fellows in Education (AFE) Program 2023/2024.
The deadline to submit applications is May 21st, 2023 (23:59 GMT).
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!