Transnet: Young Professional-in-Training Programme 2023 – Finance
Transnet Property division invites recent graduates to submit applications for the 2023 Young Professional-in-Training Programme – Finance.
- Closing date: 24 May 2023
- Location: Johannesburg
- Reference Number : 80000617
Job Purpose: Procurement Management in Transnet Property is looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to join our graduate trainee program.
This training is aimed at addressing skills requirements. The Young Professional in Training is conducted over a 24-month period during which the Young Professionals will be assessed on a six-monthly basis.
This Programme will provide the incumbents with relevant workplace experience through a structured learning programme and organizational support.
As a Young-Professional-In-Training, your responsibilities include shadowing various staff members, participating in learning experiences, attending meetings and workshops, with exposure to other work functions within procurement to gain practical experience on the following deliverables:
- Ensuring that all transactions are correctly recorded in the correct accounting period.
- Ensure that all assets are accurately recorded, and they are recorded at the correct amount and correctly disclosed in the annual financial statements
- Ensure that all payments are done on a timey basis and that there are no irregular expenditures and fruitless and wasteful expenditure.
- To ensure that billing occurs on a timely basis and that all outstanding debtors are followed up on a regular basis and that long outstanding debtors are issued with letters of demand and handed over to legal for further handling.
- Ensure that direct and indirect taxes are correctly calculated and recorded in the correct accounting period.
- Involvement in the day-to-day operations of finance
- Involvement in the budget process as well budget monitoring and budget management
- Participate and provide inputs on the strategic projects
- Engage with internal and external auditors and provide requested information to the auditors.
- To also participate in the development of policies and review of the standard operating procedures
Qualifications & Experience:
- Honors in Financial Accounting/Management Accounting/Auditing/ Taxation
- Experience in data analytics is an advantage.
- A positive attitude and a growth mindset.
- International Financial Reporting Standard
- Understanding of Income Tax and VAT
- Understanding of PFMA
- Relevant and applicable legislation
- Basic knowledge of, and insight into statistical analysis
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Project management
- Computer Literate;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Planning & Organizing;
- Good Facilitation skills
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
Applicants that are interested in applying must apply by registering on the Careers section
of Transnet which can be accessed by clicking the APPLY HERE button link below.
Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!