Breede Valley Municipality is recruiting and invites applications for the vacant posts of: 📌General Assistant [x22 posts].
- Closing date: 02 June 2023
- Location: Western Cape
Breede Valley Municipality is a local municipality located within the Cape Winelands District Municipality, in the Western Cape province of South Africa.
- General Assistant (Thusong Service Centre)
- General Assistant (De Koppen Water Treatment)
- General Assistant (Worcester – Boland Park)
- General Assistant – Worcester (De la bat)
- General Assistant (Worcester) x6
- General Assistant (Touwsriver Swimming Pool)
- General Assistant (Zwelethemba Halls)
- General Assistant (Worcester – Process)
- General Assistant – Wastewater Treatment (Touwsrivier)
- General Assistant (Networks and Towns – Touwsrivier)
- General Assistant: Water & Sewerage Networks (Rawsonville)
- General Assistant (Worcester – Pump Stations)
- General Assistant: Water & Sewerage Networks – Clean Up (Worcester)
- General Assistant: Water & Sewerage Networks (Plumbing Assistant) (Worcester)
- General Assistant (Worcester – Commodities)
- General Assistant (Stettynskloof Water Treatment)
- General Assistant (De Doorns – Wastewater Treatment)
Job Purpose: Render a cleaning service at the Thusong Service Centre facilities to ensure a clean, tidy and healthy working environment.
Undertakes general manual labour activities associated with maintaining roads and stormwater infrastructure in accordance with laid down instructions to support acceptable standard of service delivery.
Duties: Receive instructions/ guidance from the immediate superior and attends to the preparation of work site • Clean and Open Storm Water & Leiwer Systems, pipes and drains. Sweep the streets, pick up litter and clean storm water gulley’s
Preparing requisite quantities of materials and proceeds with mixing sequences • Excavating and backfilling trenches and ancillary roads-works to defined levels and width using hand held tools. Laying and compacting materials using hand held tools
Supporting the Supervisor with the placing of pre-cast concrete products • Supporting the supervisor with the marking and mourning of signage on supporting structures • Cleaning potholes and prepare for filling. Cleans vehicles and attends to the storage and care of cleaning of tools.
Minimum Requirements: 0 – 1 years’ experience required. Basic literacy.
- Other Requirement: Proficiency in at least 2 of the official languages in the Western Cape
- Preferred Requirement: Grade 8 and relevant experience
Functional Competencies: Performs routine work; Takes basic instruction; Performs digging, sweeping, lifting, packing, cleaning, tea-making, operating levers; and performs basic implements
Public Service Orientation Competencies:
Able to understand basic verbal instructions from supervisors and colleagues; Checks own understanding of tasks and expectations to avoid making mistakes; Understands basic technical jargon.
Conducts self in accordance with organisational values and Shows willingness to learn new things and acquire knowledge.
PLEASE NOTE: Please read the below conditions carefully, only those who comply with the conditions will be considered
- No late applications will be considered.
- The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and as such will observe the requirements of the Employment Equity Act and its EE plan
- Note that BVM is using a new Recruitment Portal which is an online portal.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Any candidate appointed at the Breede Valley Municipality will sign an employment and performance agreement that will be subject to probation monitoring and performance monitoring in accordance with the Local Government : Municipal Staff Regulations. ‘
- For enquiries contact the Human Resources Office at 023 348 4961 or on email address: [email protected]/ [email protected] / [email protected]
- Canvassing with Councillors or any other decision-maker is not permitted, and proof thereof will result in disqualification.
- Fraudulent qualifications documentation will immediately disqualify any applicant.
All applications should reach us by 02 June 2023 at 13:00.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.