Anglo American Platinum is hiring and invites applications for the vacant role: Assistant Accountant.
- Closing Date: 29 May 2023
- Reference ID: REF44592J
- Location: Thabazimbi, South Africa
We are looking for a talented Assistant Accountant who shares our values and our beliefs in a better future for mining.
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for the costing and services administration function within the Unit, to prescribed standards.
You will also be responsible for:
- Processing month-end JV’s
- Clearing and loading of ESSBASE files
- Capex and cost breakdown reports to Corporate Office
- Monthly KPI reporting
- Maintaining the Cost Centre and Profit Centre structure on SAP
- Effective administration of the SAP release strategies
- Ensuring adherence to corporate governance
- Oversee the requisition process in the Accounts department
- Conducting random cost checks e.g., allocation checks
- Representing Finance Department at PS Forum
This role is at a band C4 level and reports to Senior Accountant: Operations.
You will need the following:
- Matric certificate
- Completed or studying towards a financial related qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience in the accounting field
- Background in finance/accounting within Mining/Processing industry is regarded as highly advantageous
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer literacy for role, including SAP CO, ESSBASE and Microsoft Office.
- Certificate of fitness
Essential to be deemed medically fit to work onsite in accordance with Anglo American Health and Safety requirements for employees.
By applying for this job, you provide consent that your personal details, including your fingerprints, can be used to conduct background screening where appropriate.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form accessible via the link button below. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 29 May 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.