South African Revenue Service (SARS) is hiring Physical Security Officer [x2 posts]
The South African Revenue Service (SARS) is recruiting and invites applications for the vacancy: Regional Physical Security Officer x2 posts.
- Closing date: 16 May 2023
- Location: George and East London
About the Position
SARS is looking for a dedicated, hardworking, self- driven and self-disciplined security officer who is capable and have extensive experienced in security supervision and the co-ordination of protection of people, assets and facilities, an ability conduct security operational risk assessment, formulate security risk mitigation measures, compile clearly defined security procedures and ensure installed security systems are fully functional at all times.
The successful incumbent must have the in-depth knowledge of security risk identification, analytical thinking, ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
SARS seeks to appoint the Officer-Regional Physical Security who is capable to co-ordinate the protection of people, assets, and facilities.
Furthermore, to supervise deployed security personnel, monitor the compliance with the security Service Level Agreement and timeously escalate non-compliance incidents to management. Resolve security challenges at allocated sites, escalate unresolved issues and report all security incidents that have taken place within the area of responsibility .
Monitor all actions and events and take appropriate actions or escalate to higher management level whenever so required.
Conduct operational security risk assessments and ensure that security risk mitigation measures are implemented to improve security. Coordinate the work of the outsourced security service providers to ensure adherence to the provisions of the PFMA and SARS Policies and SOP.
Monitor compliance policies and procedures and record all interventions made and ensure searches are conducted in line with procedures and legislation. Contribute to the development & improvement of area allocated specific standards, procedures and processes to ensure continued quality and service improvement.
Ensure systems are operational and utilised optimally, report faults and ensure they are attended to and escalate where systems are not maintained.
Education and Experience
- Higher Certificate Security Management or Security Risk Management (NQF 5) AND 4 years’ security supervisory or risk management related experience, with valid driver’s license.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 6 years security supervisory or security risk management related experience, with valid driver’s license.
- Conduct compliance audit and ensure that non-compliance with the SLA is escalated and dealt with timeously.
- Conduct security risk assessments and ensure that risk mitigation measures are implemented to improve security.
- Coordinate the work of the outsourced security service providers to ensure adherence to the provisions of the PFMA.
- Ensure systems are operational and utilised optimally, report faults and ensure they are attended to and escalate where systems are not maintained.
- Monitor compliance policies and procedures and record all interventions made and ensure searches are conducted in line with procedures and legislation.
- Report on all security incidents that have taken place within area of accountability.
- Resolve security challenges on sites in area of accountability and escalate unresolved issues.
- Monitor all actions and events and act or escalate to higher level when required.
- Communication of transactional outputs and queries in area of work according to policies and quality requirements.
- Contribute to the development & improvement of area specific standards, procedures and processes to ensure continued quality and service improvement.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of change initiatives by providing support in area of work.
- Deliver on contracted performance objectives and escalate unresolved delivery and quality issues to management and process owners.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to identify and develop solutions that leads to improved service delivery and quality.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of work.
- Report on transactional and process activities within set guidelines to provide timely information for decision making.
- Coordinate the implementation of process improvements within a team environment.
- Maintain professional interaction and always ensure ethical dealings with clients by constantly building customer relationships.
- Drive own performance and development in order to achieve and improve on work outputs in line with required response time, quality and service delivery standards.
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Adhere to specified policies, standards, legislation and procedures to prevent wastage on resources, unauthorised expenditure and wasteful expenditure and report violations.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure client satisfaction by engaging and delivering a service that is consistent, seamless, quick and error free.
- Fairness and Transparency
- People Skills
- Building Sustainability
- Organizational Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Honest and Integrity
- Conceptual Ability
- Risk Awareness
- Planning and Organising
- Compliance Inspection
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening, case study, pre-assessment, psychometric assessment and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!