The Google Cybersecurity Professional Certificate is your path to a career in cybersecurity. In this certificate program, you’ll learn in-demand skills that can have you job-ready in less than 6 months.
What’s even sweeter is that no degree or experience required.
Course summary details
✅ Offered by: Google
✅ Education: Any Degree
✅ Course Fee: Free
✅ Eligible nationality: All Nationalities
✅ Access mode: Online
✅ Last Date: Enroll anytime
Instructor: Google Career Certificates
What you’ll learn
- Understand the importance of cybersecurity practices and their impact for organizations.
- Identify common risks, threats, and vulnerabilities, as well as techniques to mitigate them.
- Protect networks, devices, people, and data from unauthorized access and cyberattacks using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
- Gain hands-on experience with Python, Linux, and SQL.
Skills you’ll gain
- Python Programming
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
Prepare for a career in cybersecurity
- Receive professional-level training from Google
- Demonstrate your proficiency in portfolio-ready projects
- Earn an employer-recognized certificate from Google
- Qualify for in-demand job titles: cybersecurity analyst, security analyst, security operations center (SOC) analyst
Prepare for a new career in the high-growth field of cybersecurity, no degree or experience required. Get professional training designed and delivered by subject matter experts at Google and have the opportunity to connect with top employers.
Organizations must continuously protect themselves and the people they serve from cyber-related threats, like fraud and phishing. They rely on cybersecurity to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of their internal systems and information.
Cybersecurity analysts use a collection of methods and technologies to safeguard against threats and unauthorized access — and to create and implement solutions should a threat get through.
During the 8 courses in this certificate program, you’ll learn from cybersecurity experts at Google and gain in-demand skills that prepare you for entry-level roles like cybersecurity analyst, security operations center (SOC) analyst, and more. At under 10 hours per week, you can complete the certificate in less than 6 months.
Upon completion of the certificate, you can directly apply for jobs with Google and over 150 U.S. employers, including American Express, Deloitte, Colgate-Palmolive, Mandiant (now part of Google Cloud), T-Mobile, and Walmart.
The Google Cybersecurity Certificate helps prepare you for the CompTIA Security+ exam, the industry leading certification for cybersecurity roles. You’ll earn a dual credential when you complete both.
Applied Learning Project
This program includes 170 hours of instruction and hundreds of practice-based assessments and activities that simulate real-world cybersecurity scenarios that are critical for success in the workplace. Through a mix of videos, assessments, and hands-on labs, you’ll become familiar with the cybersecurity tools, platforms, and skills required for an entry-level job.
Skills you’ll gain will include: Python, Linux, SQL, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), communication, collaboration, analysis, problem solving and more!
Additionally, each course includes portfolio activities through which you’ll showcase examples of cybersecurity skills that you can share with potential employers. Acquire concrete skills that top employers are hiring for right now.
Enrol for free right away! Follow the link below to get started.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.