The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) is hiring and invites applications for the vacancy: Handyman.
- Location: Western Cape
Reporting to Building/OHS Supervisor: To assist in the carrying out the maintenance and repairs of mechanical facilities, in order to ensure the maximum effectiveness of systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. GENERAL BUILDING MAINTENANCE
- Assist in the general minor building maintenance
- General Building Repairs (Spalling Repairs, Plastering and Bricklaying)
- Painting of Passages & offices
- Assist in the removal and installation of door locks.
- Mounting and removing of notice boards
- Moving Furniture Between Floors
- Assist with regard to opening of drains and cleaning of gutters.
- Carry out quarterly building and furniture inspections for maintenance purposes
- Assist in the physical asset verification when necessary
- Maintaining garden & general areas around SABC Building
- Transfer of equipment and furniture to a storage location and ensure that it is properly stored and safe
- Assist in the labelling /marking of the Corporation’s assets
- Dispatch stationery/other items as per requisition/s.
2. GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS
- Be capable of planning and organizing to achieve the committed timelines.
- Be capable of working in an orderly manner and environment.
- Be able to accurately assess the project requirements (skill and material) to ensure that the budget can be achieved.
- Be able to ensure that consistent quality levels are maintained.
- Be able to communicate well in order to ensure that the required expectations for the project are understood.
- Be able to communicate effectively and courteously to ensure that a pleasant and professional relationship is experienced by the client Department.
3. GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
- Ability to see that standard safe practises and procedures in the work place are adhered to.
- See that standard safe practises and procedures in the work place are adhered to.
- Ability to ensure housekeeping, maintaining a good standard of neatness within designated area.
- Grade 12
- 1 year experience on maintenance systems for high rise buildings.
- Knowledge of fire protection reticulation equipment.
- Must be a team player.
- Understand of require tool of trade
- Be paired to work in various environments with different disciplines.
- Must be prepared to work overtime or odd shifts when required.
CLOSING DATE: 14 May 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.