SANParks is hiring Control Room Operator x4 posts | ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE
South African National Parks (SANParks) is hiring and invites applications for the vacancy: CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR x4 POSTS.
- Location: Addo Elephant National Park
- Closing date: 18 May 2023
- Salary: R 150 663 – R 202 697
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B3 job grade and allowances and benefits as specified in the HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Services of SANParks. These vacant positions endorse Employee Equity in the work place
The successful candidate will be required to stay inside the park and there is available accommodation inside the park.
A challenging vacancy currently exists for four (4) Fusion Centre(Control Room Operator) Position at Addo Elephant National Park.
The key performance areas of the successful candidates would include the following:
- Monitor organisation security systems- including but not limited to the access control and CCTV systems
- Receive notifications of security incidents and issues from all organisation personnel
- Relay notifications of incidents, issues etc. to the appropriate leadership positions
- Interface with base building guards to coordinate incident responses
- Dispatch security officers to investigate alarms and respond to incidents, escalate as procedure states and to the best of own judgement
- Notify emergency services when external response is required; coordinate with security to ensure services have immediate access to the space
- Monitor the performance of security system elements and report deficiencies to Security Leader and organisation senior personnel
- Coordinate communication between relevant role-players and stakeholders
- Track the location and activities of all rangers/field staff assigned to their shift
- Applies the appropriate professionalism, maturity and tact to manage the incident
- Adheres to and always promotes organisational policies and procedures
- Communicates concerns, process improvement ideas or other opportunities for improvement to the team
- Law enforcement by assisting with the control of visitors as well as staff and the assimilation, interpretation, and dissemination of information.
- To maintain law, order and discipline to staff members, communities, and guests.
- To maintain a high standard of administration.
- Inspection and cleanliness of operations room building and equipment.
- A Grade 12 certificate/NQF Level 4
- 2 Years’ experience as security/law enforcement official
- 1 Year experience of working within a control room environment.
- Psira grade B certificate or equivalent certificate in law enforcement i.e., ranger training,
- Computer Literacy certificate. Advanced computer skills certificate will be an added advantage
- Office Administrative and Record Keeping certificate and experience, will be an added advantage.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- A healthy person with high-level mental alertness is required in this position.
- The willingness to be based inside the park.
- No criminal record
Use only the following reference in e-mail subject line: FUSION CENTRE
Please address your application, accompanied by a CV for attention Ilze Jonker, to the following address: Addo Elephant National Park, P. O. Box X 52, ADDO 6105
You may post/deliver or e-mail at [email protected] . If you have not been responded to within 14 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful
Incomplete or irrelevant applications will not be considered.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!