AECI: Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship 2023
AECI Property Services is recruiting and invites applications for the AECI Property Services vacancy: Mechanical Fitter Apprentice.
- Closing date: 26 May 2023
- Location: Umbogintwini, KwaZulu-Natal
- Acquire knowledge and skills of Artisan in your designated trade. (Mechanical Fitter Apprentice).
- Participate in the formal training plan for the apprenticeship; make reasonable progress to achieve the competencies in this regard; attend the necessary training or assessments related hereto.
- Perform duties required and make reasonable progress to achieve the competencies in the training plan.
- As instructed, undertake and attend any training or assessment related to the training plan. (Shukela Training Centre) 60 days training block each year.
- Keep the training record (logbook) in possession, and produce it to the employer and/or training organisation, when requested. (Apprentice and Fitter Mentor).
- Acknowledge that all workplace instructions and other material that comes into the apprentice’s possession, as a result of training, remains the property of employer.
- Maintain, repair and carry out Scheduled Maintenance to plant equipment, such as pumps, Centrifuges, steam traps and Steam reticulation equipment under guidance of qualified Artisans, from the Utilities Maintenance Department.
- Work effectively with others to successfully complete maintenance activities and objectives.
- Adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, work instructions, guidelines, regulations / legislation and programs & proactive action to identify and correct potential unsafe conditions and acts.
- Assist Fitter in carrying out daily routine maintenance activities in the various AECI Property Services plants, and assist with breakdowns.
- Assist with the Maintenance Fitter assigned for Standby Duty in the second year of Apprenticeship program.
- Efficient use of power tools & Hand Tools.
- Adhering to AECI safety standards and codes of practice.
Qualifications & Experience
- Matric / Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science.
- An N3 required to apply for Trade Test is essential. (Candidate must obtain within 12 months of starting date of employment)
- Driver’s license will be a benefit.
- Basic understanding of process plant and the importance of maintenance.
- Must be able to obtain health clearance to work in a chemical environment.
- Mechanical experience will be a benefit.
- Hand and Power tools will be a benefit.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
READ ALSO: National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications (NRCS): Communications Internships 2023-2025
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!