Canyon Coal would like to recruit a Dozer Operator to be based at Khanye Colliery in Bronkhorstspruit, and applications are invited.
Closing date: 22 May 2023
Skills and Qualifications
- Dozer Certificate (Komatsu D85)
- Grade 12
- Communication skills
- Be in possession of Symbol A Dover test results
- 3-5 years ’experience in Production dozing
- Willing to work shifts, nightshifts, weekends and public holidays
- Successfully complete medical evaluation
- Absolutely NO previous criminal record
- Solid understanding and adherence to safety and environmental standards
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and multitask
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Moving soil, rocks, and debris and levelling the ground.
- Drives equipment in successive passes over the working area to achieve a specified result, such as
- grade terrain or remove, dump, or spread earth and rock.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to manoeuvre equipment and raise, lower, and tilt attachment
- to the clear right-of-way.
- Uses blade to dig trenches and holes of specified length, depth and width, remove loosened material and put in stockpiled.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of the engine to estimate depth.
- Operate bulldozer in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade
- following markings on grade stakes or hand signals.
- Work in a productive manner.
if you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and copies of qualifications by latest close of business 22 May 2023 to: [email protected]. No late applications will be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Canyon Coal is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to candidates meeting the requirements as per our employment equity commitments
Closing Date: 22 May 2023 (Close of Business)
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.