Samancor Chrome: 2023 Graduate-in-Training Programme – Chemical Engineering
Samancor Chrome Mines is recruiting and invites applications for the 2023 Graduate-in-Training: Chemical Engineering (Middelburg).
- Closing date: 14 May 2023
- Reference Number: 2023MFC25GITCHEM
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To increase the Production Specialist talent pipeline.
- To provide career development opportunities to graduates with potential
Successful candidates will undergo an intensive, structured 24-month Graduate in Training Development Programme under the supervision of Professionals.
The Programme is designed to enable the Graduates to acquire knowledge and develop skills in a heavy Engineering plant in the mineral processing industry with regards to Chemical Engineering studies.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT & QUALITY
- Identify and assess level of continuous risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Consider the level of risk, apply mitigation and implement control measures for residual risk (set objectives, minimum requirements, etc.)
- Comply with SHEQ requirements (SHEQ Toolbox)
- Utilise the Integrated Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status.
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- 12 months fixed term contract
- Performance and GIT Programme review after 12 months for extension of contract
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or B-Tech Degree (Chemical Engineering)
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Experience in Chemical/ Metallurgical Engineering environment will be advantageous.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Safety Awareness
- Managing Work
- Results Orientation
- Customer Focus
- Operational Problem solving and decision making
- Work Standards
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Contributing to Team Success
- Adhering to Values
- Technical/ Professional Excellence
THE COMPANY IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO AWARD THE GIT PROGRAMME TO ANY APPLICANT, SHOULD NONE OF THE CANDIDATES MEET THE REQUIREMENTS AS DETERMINED BY THE SELECTION PANEL.
BEING SELECTED TO COMPLETE THE PROGRAMME DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY WARRANT A JOB OPPORTUNITY WITHIN THE COMPANY.
IN MAKING THE FINAL SELECTION, CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO ACHIEVING THE SAMANCOR CHROME EMPLOYMENT EQUITY OBJECTIVES.
CLOSING DATE: 14 May 2023.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!