Process Controller job vacancy at Sasol
Sasol is hiring and invites qualifying candidates to submit applications for the vacancy: Process Controller.
- Closing date: 24 May 2023
- Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
The position can be filled at the required Artisan/ Process Controller grade according to the Artisan/ Process Controller career guides.
Short Description / Purpose of Job
A Process Artisan/Process Controller operates process equipment, systems and processes for a specific plant / unit within the Sasol environment to achieve production requirements in a safe manner.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
- Operate within design parameters using DCS
- Conduct fault finding (immediate cause)
- Identify and report defects
- Identify and report at risks behaviours
- Participate in emergency exercises
- Safe making of plant
- Take corrective action on lab results
- Conduct product/grade changes
- Start up and shut down a process according to SOPs
- Identify plant upset and rectify them
- Maintain quality and safety specifications
- Conduct BBS observations
- Conduct standby as a level
- Participate in incident investigations
- Conduct housekeeping and attend to spillages within shift
- Conduct safety management system inspections e.g. OSH, ISO
- Conduct basic risk assessments
- Transfer the information on plant status to ensure safe continuous operation (shift hand over)
- Conduct Asset basic care e.g. housekeeping, cleaning equipment, lubrication and routine inspection
- Participates in shift handover meetings
- Effective continuous plant operations and aligned communication between shifts
- Provides adequate feedback to supervisor on work progress.
- Supervisor fully informed regarding work progress.
- Participates in risk assessments according to legislation and company requirements to improve safety
- All risks identified in tasks carried out by artisans.
- Maintains good housekeeping and adheres to waste disposal procedures.
- Good housekeeping observed by supervisor
- Work Independently
- Can operate without direct supervision on specified plans, processes and plant (Foreman feedback)
- Understand and know the business, drives and KPIs.
- Can name the business/KPIs and drivers, and is able to translate them into personal tasks
- Identifies personal training and development needs and incorporates into PDP with group leaders approval.
- Personal development plan progress/completion.
- Conduct on the job coaching of learners
- Feedback from Assessors and performance on pass out rate
- SME Presentation on specific plant equipment
- Do presentation and shift manager will access
- Conducts IMS inspections to maintain and improve plant sustainability.
- IMS inspections completed.
- Work effectively in a team.
- Demonstrates openness to feedback from leader and team. Communicates effectively with peers. Shares knowledge
- Attends and interacts in PDAs and RCAs to improve plant safety and stability.
- Correct root cause identification and potential deviation analysis conducted.
- Play an appropriate main role during emergency situations to get the plant back on line.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the plant by explaining plant process flows. Demonstrates influence and leadership in taking control of the situation
- Give and receive feedback to other disciplines (partners on daily issues.)
- Inform partners of deviations. Listen to partners issues and feedback. (Zero complaints)
- Grade 12 with Maths & Science
- Relevant NQF Occupational Qualification
- 0 – 5 Relevant years
This position will be filled in line wit the relevant approved MSP career guide
Execution capability: The underlying ability to execute a strategy/project or day to day work
Partnering: The development and perpetuation of successful and mutually-beneficial relationships where customers and others become business partners with common goals, positive attitudes, cooperative work styles, open communications and team spirit.
Problem Solving: Is a step-by-step process of defining a problem, searching for information, and testing a series of solutions until the problem is solved. In involves critical thinking, analysis and persistence.
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
Sasol is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Sasol is committed to the full inclusion of all suitably qualified individuals.
Apply using the link buttons below:
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!