AssureCloud are recruiting and invite applications for the Microbiology Internship Programme 2023 in Cape Town and Port Elizabeth.
- Closing date: 16 May 2023
- Location: Cape Town and Port Elizabeth
At Assurecloud, we are driven by saving lives, providing meaningful services and creating exceptional experiences within the Food Safety sector.
Whether you’re looking for a chance to challenge yourself or to discover new ways of growth, our team is ready to support you along the way.
Job Purpose: The role of the Micro Analyst Intern in the testing laboratories is to prepare samples submitted to the laboratory so that work is completed within required turnaround times.
This includes but is not limited to preparation, storage and disposal, cleaning, conforming to and maintaining ISO17025 quality system in the test laboratory and working effectively with the relevant business service units in order to achieve these objectives.
As for all team members, the Microbiology Intern is expected to champion Assure Cloud’s promise, brand, standards, and values.
- Busy completing a National Diploma in Biotechnology.
- Applicant must require 6 to 12 months work integrated learning experience in order to complete above mentioned qualification.
- Perform sample preparation for simple tests independently.
- Handle sample storage and disposal after testing is completed.
- Cleaning and disinfection of laboratory environment, plastic, and glass ware.
- Improve laboratory efficiency.
- Ensuring adherence to departmental TAT’s and early warnings to direct supervisor of any delay on TAT.
- Responsible for the upkeep of laboratory instruments.
- Ensure that all preparation, storage, disposal, and related tasks are performed in accordance with OHS and Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures.
- Implementation of quality TAT corrective actions for area of responsibility.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Must read all relevant MSDSs.
- Wear correct Personal Protective Equipment.
- Conform to all relevant SHEQ procedures and signage.
- Other duties as assigned by the company that are within the Employee’s scope of work.
Closing date: 16 May 2023 (No applications will be considered after this date)
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.