MegChem is recruiting and invites applications for the vacant posts of ASSISTANT ENGINEERS and MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEERS.
- Closing date: 19 May 2023
- Location: Secunda
- Minimum of B Eng/BSc Eng degree in Mechanical Engineering (4 year full time study).
- Assistant Engineers with 0 – 3 years’ experience.
- Design Engineers with 2 – 5 years’ experience.
- Experience in detail design, drafting or modelling will be an advantage.
- Experience in detail design and engineering of equipment with hands-on experience or proper exposure to the manufacturing of own designs. Candidates to demonstrate their abilities by means of examples.
- Be able to demonstrate a drive to quality and the balance with schedule pressure.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a self-drive to get tasks done and to manage the financials for their projects. Be able to share by means of examples.
- Leadership and organizational skills, be able to work independently and in a team, self-starter, “go-getter”.
- Good interpersonal relations with the ability to market services.
- Good report writing skills in the English language.
- Organized and self-disciplined.
- Valid driver’s license with own transport (Code B/EB).
Engineers will be exposed to the detail design and engineering of new plants and of solutions to problems experienced with machinery and pressurized equipment in the petrochemical field.
Design work will involve the use of various software tools and will also require the engineer to perform calculations based on first principles.
With projects execution and especially during plant shutdown periods, engineers will also provide assistance to the project teams with the project- and construction management.
Interested applicants should complete the short pre-qualifying application form, following the APPLICATION FORM button link below, and follow the steps at the end of the form.
Closing date: 19 May 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.