World Food Programme (WFP): Procurement Data Management Internship 2023 in South Africa
World Food Programme (WFP) is recruiting and invites applications for the Procurement Data Management Internship Programme 2023.
- Location: City of Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Type of Contract: Internship
- Duration: 8 months
- Expected Start Date: June 2023
- Salary range: Intern Stipend up to a maximum of USD1000/month (paid in rands)
- Benefits: Medical Insurance
- Deadline for Applications: 18 May 2023
The Procurement Unit in the Regional Bureau for Southern Africa (RBJ) is looking to engage a Data Management Intern specifically dedicated to supporting Data Management around Vendor Management and Due Diligence of the current and potential new suppliers of Food, Goods and Services ; to strengthen the Unit’s ability to manage critical supply lines as well as compliance.
The Procurement Unit in the Regional Bureau for Southern Africa (RBJ) is looking to engage a Data Management Intern specifically dedicated to supporting Data Management around Vendor Management and Due Diligence of the current and potential new suppliers of Food, Goods and Services to strengthen the unit’s ability to manage critical supply lines as well as compliance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Vendor Management Update ( 50%)
- Receive and analyze all documents as received from the suppliers,
- Verify documents that need to be updated from the submissions,
- Follow up with suppliers any outstanding documents,
- Perform due diligence based on the received documents,
- Update the new documents,
- Propose a categorization of the suppliers based on their technical and financial capacity,
- Liaise with vendor management focal point to submit and update the documents to the vendor master unit,
- Follow up with suppliers any queries from the vendor master team
2. Design, Develop and Update Databases (40%)
- Design and develop databases which can be linked to the documents as received from the suppliers
- Design other databases as required for operational improvement
- Contributions to data analytics agendas as a way to develop procurement insights for the region
3. AOB (10%)
Support Procurement in undertaking any other activity relevant to the development or continuation of data management agenda. Most activities will be carried out in Johannesburg
May be requirement to travel to other WFP Country Offices on an ad-hoc basis to streamline data analytics.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- All tasks assigned, completed on time and to professional standards as per the detailed TOR for support to the Procurement.
- Contributions to the unit provided in a timely and professional manner as requested by the head of procurement and supply chain over the internship duration.
- Approved Database per category of Food, Goods and Services Suppliers available
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Fully computer-literate with excellent skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management;
- Understanding of any coding language will be an added advantage (Python, Java, SQL)
- Eye for detail; accuracy;
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and visual;
- Demonstrated ability to manage data, analyze, quality assure and communicate them
- Strong skills in conducting quantitative analysis using statistical software
- Commitment to confidentiality and sound understanding of key ethical issues associated with data privacy
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Currently enrolled in a graduate programme and have attended classes in the past 12 months, or a recent graduate from a graduate programme (within six months prior to applying to the internship programme). Preferred areas of study are Supply Chain, Business Management, Data Science, or another related field;
Languages: Fluency in English required. Intermediate level of French and/or Portuguese are a plus.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognized institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
This position is open to South – African citizens and permanent residence permit holders. Suitably qualified females are especially encouraged to apply.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!