Digital Technician job vacancy at Sasol
Sasol is hiring and invites qualifying candidates to submit applications for the vacancy: Digital Chief Technician.
- Closing date: 19 May 2023
- Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga
The purpose of the role: This position will render a service toward Full Calendar Operation of the mine (Fulco).
Overall responsibility for safe execution of maintenance work for all Control, Monitoring, Communication networks and Instrumentation equipment at The Colliery.
Design, develop and test digital subsystems in conjunction with software development team to ensure system meets operational requirements.
Accountable for Digital System Integrity, uptime and Asset Health, Legal digital equipment safety standards and equipment reliability and functional performance as per design specification.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
- Appoint, lead and support appointed Technicians and Mechanician to assist him her in the safe maintenance practices in terms of regulation 2.9.2.
- Operational managerial control over Digital Domain, Routine Backlog and P&CM work and Technicians , ensures compliance to maintenance master schedules backlog, 2 and 12 Week WBS,
- Maintenance and expansions of Collieries’ process control network (PCN) and underground business network, including underground WiFi, at set standards, along with the software and hardware equipment on the Collieries’ Industrial IT on these networks
- Ensure the uptime and reliability of these networks, systems and equipment
- Software management and governance, including Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), e.g. SCADA, Joy Connect (or equivalent from other suppliers), firewalls and work management applications on mobile devices
- Responsible for hardware included, e.g. network equipment, servers, underground mobile devices (UMDs), power line modems, Mobile Communication Units (container) and digital sensors
- Developing standards and SOPs
- Participating in the development and deployment of new technologies and tools
- Critical link to manage provision of real time data from operations to IOC and planning and scheduling systems
- Managing the Colliery’s Industrial IT annual budget and capital
- Responsible for future digital enablement growth with wider adoption of wearables, sensors and reliance on real-time data from equipment
- Ultimate accountability for MES, underground connectivity, device and system availability
- Effectively manage Colliery level call center with support from the control room
- Good understanding of the Sasol mining process and other processes, culture, values, strategic objectives, etc.
- Ensure System of proper handover and sign off takes place to the Operations once scheduled maintenance work is completed
- The management of service providers OEMs operating in the area of responsibility, providing sufficient supervision
- Coordinate overtime and Call-out system and protocol management
Key Performance Deliverables:
- Uptime on communication, networks and Digital equipment
- Safety Performance IFR
- Compliance to Maintenance, 2 week and 12 week WBS
- COC IOC monitoring of reliability and accuracy of digital equipment outputs
- Work Management System – Maintenance Master schedules and SAP
- Defect identification and elimination process.
- System Backups and redundancy of critical systems and critical spares
- Statutory and Legal compliance etc
- Weekly VPC and 12 week WBS updates – Compliance to plan
- Colliery Engineering VPC input
Relationships, Teamwork and Collaboration
- OEM engagement and management
- Ensure support from central C&I and digital teams
- Build good internal and external relationships
- Client focused
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Relevant B-Degree, B-Tech or Higher Diploma
- High level of computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license
- GCC (Electrical in Coal Mining) Wish
- ECSA Registered (Wish)
- Typically 5 years relevant work experience
Sasol is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Inspired by our Purpose of “Innovating for better world”, Sasol acknowledges that diversity is intrinsic to the fabric of our organisation and is the key to our growth and success.
Sasol is committed to the full inclusion of all suitably qualified individuals.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!