Sasol is recruiting for Control Security Officer [x2 posts]
Sasol Energy is hiring and invites qualifying candidates to submit applications for the vacancy: Control Security Officer x2 posts.
- Closing date: 17 May 2023
- Location: Alrode, south of Johannesburg.
The purpose of the Investigator role is to: The purpose of the job is to ensure that all people, assets and property are safe and secure, provide a 24 hour security operational service and manage security service provider performance.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
- Align the operational security functions and supervise security service providers performance in support of the security strategy at Sasol national key point (NKP) and all CES depot.
- Conduct security inspections
- Ensuring the implementation and adherence to the applicable legislation, minimum physical security standards and applicable client security policies and procedure
- Conduct safety toolbox talks with security officers
- Visit Commercial Energy solution sites and conduct relevant security support services including but not limited to patrol etc.
- Respond to operational emergence, security related incident and report security non- compliance to line manager
- Attend to client complaints
- Perform security control room duties
- Test and inspect all electronic security systems
- Identifying unsafe situations and work practices and taking corrective action
- Plan and execute crime prevention plan
- Ensure proper parade and posting of members is conducted on daily basics
- Enable escort for Sasol tankers and senior management during community unrest and during community meetings
- Conducting threat and security risk assessment and implementation of actions to mitigate
- Responsible for the control of firearms and ammunition in accordance with the NKP ACT and firearm control act
- Security personnel/administration co-ordinate and provide on job training to security service provider and firearm administration
- Attend crime scene to determine the root cause, modus operandi, Customer relationship management, building and maintenance.
- Ensure that the access/loss control measures and systems are effectively executed/utilized and maintained.
- Comply to all Sasol and SH&E policies, practices and standards.
- Proper recording of incidents (OB,IB etc. )
- Adherence to the line managers instructions e.g. Employee may from time to time as per business requires you to perform your duties at such other places in utilisation of your skills attributes and competences and abilities.
- Adherence to shift change as per the lines requirements
- Conduct proper handover – Ensure that service providers comply to all the policies and procedures – Train service providers on all Sasol Policies and Procedures – Identify unsafe situations and practices and take corrective actions
- Proper management of security service providers and inhouse junior staff.
- Grade 12
- Certificate in Security Management (1 year)
- 5 Years total Security / relevant experience including 1 year Post commander experience skills
- Basic supervisory course
- 1 Year Security / relevant Control Room experience
- Drivers licence
- Incident Management and investigations and reporting
- Computer Literacy
Certification & Professional Membership
- Registration with PSIRA Grade B
- National Key Point Competency
- Firearm licence for (Handgun/ Rifle and/ Shotgun )
Collaboration: The action of working with someone to produce something
Customer Focus: A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers and clients, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
Problem Solving: Is a step-by-step process of defining a problem, searching for information, and testing a series of solutions until the problem is solved. In involves critical thinking, analysis and persistence.
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting. Demonstrated Security Systems.
Sasol is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Inspired by our Purpose of “Innovating for better world”, Sasol acknowledges that diversity is intrinsic to the fabric of our organisation and is the key to our growth and success.
Sasol is committed to the full inclusion of all suitably qualified individuals.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!