SABC is recruiting for Interns: Master Controller [x3 posts]
The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) is hiring and invites recent graduates to apply for the Internship Position: Master Controller – Intern x3.
- Closing Date: 03 March 2023
- Position number: 60022210, 60022211, 60022196
- Division: TV Media
SABC is the hub of entertainment, News, and information to Millions of South Africans. Our Vision is to become the leading, credible voice and face of the nation and continent.
We have an exciting opportunity available for three Organisational Development Graduates to join our Human resource team.
Internships at SABC aim to provide students with an opportunity to work with our internal clients and teams to address key business problems and identify areas of growth for the company.
With your education and experience, you will be able to take on real-world challenges from day one.
The purpose of this 12 months internship programme is to provide students with opportunity to acquire wok experience in the broadcasting field.
This is an exciting opportunity for those who have completed their degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering (L/C) or Diploma in Sound Engineering/ Film & Television and are looking for the opportunity to enhance their technical skills in Master Control Centre broadcasting.
About the Team
MCC team is responsible for effective and efficient equipment operational setups, routing, coordinating and facilitating of broadcast contributions and distribution feeds within Master Control in order to ensure faultless and successful broadcast of the SABC products (OB TV & Radio Production /Regional Links/ Production Studios).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities: Managed Operational Performance • Provide effective operational support to stakeholders in order to reduce downtime
• Comply with MCC stakeholders service standards • Ensure transmission of material as per schedule • Coordinated switching of broadcast signals & communication circuits (Internal and external) according to booking requirements
• Adhere to changes to schedule as per stakeholder request • Comply with broadcast standards (setup of Metro Ethernet, Internet Protocol and satellite Transceivers, as well as the central broadcast communication system)
• Submit fault/incident reports on time and in required format • Regular testing of all equipment and incoming lines, in order to ensure optimal functionality and adherence to standards
• Monitor broadcast signal quality during productions and transmission; perform basic operational troubleshooting quickly and effectively
• Familiarize with production requirements prior to production sessions
• National Diploma Electrical Engineering S4/T3, (Light current)
* Diploma in Sound Engineering/ Film and Television
* Physical attributes: Excellent hearing and eyesight (no color blindness)
KNOWLEDGE • Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team and lead the team if required. • Proficient in MS Office, i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle conflict • Willingness to work irregular hours and shifts to sustain 24/7 on-air facility environment
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!