Apply for the OECD: Financing Water Internship Programme 2023
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is recruiting for Financing Water Internships for 2023.
The OECD Internship Programme is designed to bring highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the Organisation to work on projects linked to the Strategic Orientations of the Secretary-General and to support the corporate functions of the Organisation.
Its main goal is to give successful candidates the opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills in an international environment.
The Internship Programme is open on an on-going basis. Students enrolled at a fully accredited degree programme (Bachelor, Master, PhD) during the entire duration of their internship can apply online.
Selected interns are on-boarded both remotely and in a hybrid form until further notice.
Who can apply?
Internships are open for students who:
- Are enrolled in a full-time degree programme for the duration of the internship in a field or discipline related to the work of the OECD;
- Are available for a minimum internship duration of one month;
- Have an excellent command of one of the two official languages of the OECD (English and French) and working knowledge of, or willingness to learn the other. Knowledge of other languages used at the OECD would be an advantage;
- Possess solid quantitative and IT skills;
- Demonstrate excellent drafting and communication skills;
- Are capable of working in a multicultural and international team environment.
The majority of internships are based in Paris, France. Internships are primarily allocated to OECD member country nationals, while also open to non-OECD Member country nationals for specific programmes and projects across OECD affiliated bodies and agencies (e.g. International Tax Forum, ITF, NEA).
The candidate would primarily help with research and drafting of background papers on financing water-related investments in Africa, in preparation for the 10th meeting of the Roundtable on Financing Water (for more information, please visit: The Roundtable on Financing Water – OECD), which will be co-convened by the OECD and the African Development Bank in autumn 2023.
Under the guidance of the Roundtable coordinator and the Team leader, the intern will:
Research, data analysis and drafting
- Contribute to quantitative and qualitative research on financing water-related investments in Africa (including data collection and analysis, literature reviews, country case studies, seminar proceedings, etc.).
- Draft well-researched, accurate and clearly written background documentation on financing water and water economics, with a focus on Africa (accessible and impactful for a range of different audiences, both specialist and non-specialist).
- Contribute to the drafting of the Roundtable discussion highlights.
Stakeholder engagement and events
- Contribute to the organisation of the Roundtable meeting, including the elaboration of the agenda and, where appropriate, engagement with potential speakers, moderators and participants.
- Participate in the Roundtable meeting in Abidjan and contribute, with the team, to the meeting logistics.
The candidate will also be exposed to other streams of work in the Water Team, such as the Global Observatory on Financing Water.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Full time student in a discipline related to economics, finance, political sciences, environmental sciences or a related discipline;
- Enrolment in a Master’s degree or higher is desirable.
Professional experience and skills
- Fields experience or training in a subject relevant to development finance and economics;
- Ability in conducting qualitative and quantitative analyses and making policy-relevant recommendations;
- Excellent writing skills and ability to expressing ideas in English: proven ability to draft short and long pieces is essential;
- Knowledge about financing water or financing climate action is desirable.
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Knowledge of other OECD languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: achievement focus, drafting skills, analytical thinking, teamwork and organisational skills.
This offer is for a full-time position for 6 months starting in June 2023. Applicants need to be enrolled in university for the full duration of the internship.
The internship will take place at the OECD office in Boulogne-Billancourt (France), but remote working arrangements can be considered depending on future COVID-related conditions.
Interns at the OECD do not receive a salary. However, the OECD grants a contribution to living expenses of around 1000 euros per calendar month worked.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and a short motivation email including their potential start date to:
More information about internships at the OECD can also be found at the following link: https://www.oecd.org/careers/internship-programme/
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!