African Economic Research Consortium: Scholarships Programme 2023/2024
Applications are now open for the African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) 2023/2024 Ph.D. scholarships.
Closing date: 31 August 2023
AERC wishes to invite applications from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries to be admitted into the following AERC Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) in Economics degree-awarding universities:
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Benin, Nigeria
- University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
- University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin
- Félix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire
Interested applicants must submit their applications for admission directly to the respective universities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Have applied and been admitted to any one of the listed CPP universities;
- Have attained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field from an accredited university;
- Have a Masters degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics, quantitative methods and econometrics;
- Possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage;
- Evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage; and
- Female and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states (especially the AERC PhD Bridge Programme alumni class of 2017 and 2018) are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants must submit their applications for admission directly to the respective universities (application procedure can be obtained from the respective university’s website).
Upon receipt of an admission letter from a specific university, applicants shall upload the following documents on to the AERC scholarship portal https://training.aercafrica.org/admissionnew
- Application cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Evidence of admission at any of the universities listed above; and
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates.
The deadline for applying for the scholarship is August 31, 2023.
Visit link for more details:
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!