Anglo American is hiring a Verification Officer
Anglo American is hiring and invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the vacant post of Verification Officer.
- Location: Mokopane, South Africa
- Reference Id: REF42888I
- Closing Date: 28 April 2023
We have an exciting role for a Verification Officer to be accountable and responsible for the coordination and conducting of SHE Audits at the operation as well as the required reporting on these activities at the operations.
As a Verification Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Implement, coordinate and conduct First Party SHE Risk Theme Audits at the operation.
- Plan & coordinate the External SHE System Certification Audit.
- Plan, implement and coordinate the Internal SHE System Audit Program for the operation.
- Plan, Implement and assist in the execution of operational SHE Internal Legal Compliance Assessments.
- Plan and Implement an Annual Operational Assurance Program.
- Plan and implement an operational audit schedule on critical areas to ensure the elimination of Fatal Incidents, Major Potential Incidents, and High Potential Incidents (AFRS, Risk Assurance, technical reviews).
- Implement the required SHE Risk & Assurance system procedures, systems and standards.
- Audit on a Quarterly Basis the close-out and effectiveness of implementation of actions that arise from operational incident investigations, risk assessments and audit reports.
- Provide risk based operational input to operations SHE plan to ensure key focus areas address Major Risks, Audit Results, and Learning from Incidents..
This role is in the Safety department at a Band 7 level reporting to the Verification Coordinator.
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in either Safety, Occupational Health & Environment or Higher. Risk/hazard/legislative/assurance/audit qualifications to be included.
- Registration with professional bodies on OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001 or ISO 9001.
- Courses in management systems (9001, 14001, 45001) would be advantageous.
Experience and Knowledge
- 5 Years relevant Mining / Process / Engineering/ experience which should include developing, implementing, managing and auditing of SHE and risk control initiatives and programs.
- SHE Incident investigation (Loss Causation / ICAM / RCAT / SCAT / AICAT).
- Risk Assessment Techniques: (BOW-TIE, WRAC,SWIFT, HAZOP, FMECA, AFRAD) • Safety, Occupational Health & Hygiene, Environmental Management.
- Observation/Presentation / facilitation / Training
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none.
From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!