Sasol is recruiting for Operator (Delay Manufacturing) x4 posts | APPLY WITH MATRIC
Sasol is recruiting and invites applications for the vacant position: Operator – Delay Manufacturing x4 posts (Non-Permanent).
- Closing date: 02 May 2023
- Location: Ekandustria
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To prepare raw materials, mix delay pyrotechnics and fill into lead tubes that are used in a downstream process, in the form of a delay train that determines the timing of non-electric detonators.
- Preparation of raw materials (screening, weighing and swaging) for use in manufacturing of stubbies and to ensure good quality product.
- Charging of raw materials and mixing of different compositions.
- Visual inspection of mixture to ensure homogeneity.
- Split the mixed powders through Pyropod/Splitter to smaller container for storage and safe handling downstream.
- Fill mixed powders into lead tubes by Auguring or Thumping process, within process specifications (monitoring), for use as raw material in downstream process.
- Frequent quality inspection to ensure high quality.
- Daily weight verification of balance to ensure accurate weighing.
- Monitor stock of raw material in the plants to optimize mixing efficiency.
- SHE systems requirements- grounding testing, humidity monitoring, safety observations and waste water handling.
- Maintain good housekeeping including 5S, to prevent safety incidents.
- Wash the team’s contaminated PPE as required, to protect against heavy metals exposure.
- Observe shift leader during discharging of mixes.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
For competencies and other job requirements as well as application links, please tap or click on the button below.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!