The University of Pretoria (UP) is a public university with its largest campus in the heart of Hatfield, the diplomatic hub of South Africa’s capital city.
The University of Pretoria stands out among the world’s leading research universities.
UP offers high teaching, learning, and research expertise across all nine faculties, including South Africa’s only Faculty of Veterinary Science and Africa’s top Faculty of Law and business school.
- Main (Hatfield) Campus
- Hillcrest Campus / High-Performance Centre
- Groenkloof Campus
- Prinshof Campus
- Onderstepoort Campus
- Mamelodi Campus
- Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment, and Information Technology
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Theology and Religion
- Faculty of Veterinary Science
- Mamelodi Campus
- Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS)
Application for admission to undergraduate study programmes for both South African and international citizens closes on specific dates in the year preceding the year of study.
Check the list of closing dates supplied below to make sure that you submit your application on time. To use the Online Application System you will need internet access, as well as an email address that you can regularly access because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Application Fee Waived:
- Application fees are waived for students who apply for studies at the University of Pretoria if their household income is lower than or equal to R150 000 per annum.
- Online applicants must upload proof of income in STEP 12 of the online application process. This will serve as proof of payment, to allow you to verify and apply your form. These documents will be verified.
How to apply:
To use the Online Application System you will need the following:
- Internet access
- an email address which you can regularly access because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
- Faculty of Veterinary Science: 31 May
- ALL other faculties: 30 June
General Application Information
- UP applications open on 1 April of the year preceding the year of study.
- Each prospective student must complete only one online application. On the online application, the University of Pretoria offers a first and second choice in terms of what you wish to study. All applicants should fill in both a first and second choice on the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number(EMPLID).
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet. Admission is a separate process that your application undergoes after being evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own online application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at your own risk. It is of utmost importance that you provide your personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
- For the application for Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education) please visit the “Distance Education ” web page before you apply. Different rules are applicable.
- It is important to note that should you wish to study the selection programmes BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture), you must indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programmes. It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programmes as your first choice on the online application.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.