Sasol is recruiting and invites both graduates and final-year university students to apply for the Engineer-In-Training Programme 2023 (Mechanical Engineering).
- Closing date: 17 April 2023
- Operating entity: Sasol Energy Operations & Projects
- Geographical area: Secunda & Sasolburg
- Non-Permanent Employment: 3 year fixed term contract
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role is for a position in the graduate development program. The graduate development program (GDP) is based on a three year training period in Operations and Technology.
Within this training period you will be assessed every 6 months to demonstrate competencies developed and highlight areas which require focus.
After being declared competent at the end of the 3 year period, you will become eligible to apply for vacant Engineer positions. (Subject to the availability of vacancies).
- Learn and understand the Sasol value chain (including Operations, Technology (Engineering and Project Management), its products and applications, test methods and equipment in context of discipline learning.
- Understand the Sasol Operations Standards Framework and how to operate within it.
- Learn how to translate theoretical knowledge into practical application that will add business value.
- Understand the importance of planning and integration.
- Learn to utilize engineering systems, tools and standards (own, local and international) in own work and projects.
- Understand how your business unit fits within your Operating Hub and the Sasol value chain.
- Understand the impact of upstream- and downstream units on the operation of your allocated plant and vice versa.
- Develop a sound understanding of [discipline] engineering generalist knowledge and sound understanding with regards to process equipment (e.g. design and safe operation thereof).
- Develop selected detailed knowledge in defined fields of [discipline] engineering.
- Be able to define a business opportunities, by using the correct indicators.
- Be able to define business risks, applying the business risk assessment tools such as the probability risk ranking matrix, specific job risk assessment, etc.
- Support the execution (follow technical instruction to enable) of an engineering scope of work for small multidisciplinary projects (i.e. Tier)
- Support and follow instructions to execute the operation, design, engineering, development and/or modification of processes/equipment in accordance with sound established engineering principles and standards to satisfy business requirements.
- Correctly preform Technical and Economic evaluations of small projects, ideas and modifications.
Qualifications and experience required
The position requires a minimum of a Mechanical Engineering: Bsc / BEng Mechanical Engineering with limited or no practical experience.
Final year applicants will be considered.
*Please note the BEng Tech qualification does not form part of our EIT Programme*
*Please attach your latest academic record to your profile as part of your application*
- Less than 3 years
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Functional / Technical
- Language skills – English proficient
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void
Note: Should you not be contacted in 6 weeks after the closing date, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.