De Beers Group is hiring and invites applications for the vacant posts of Underground Mining Assistants in Musina, South Africa.
Closing date: 09 April 2023
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assist the Miner to perform safe declaration (SLAM)
- Perform visual Inspections of equipment before, and during operation according to departmental procedures to minimise breakdowns and operational losses by the timeous reporting of defects / abnormalities to Supervisor.
- Contribute to a culture of zero harm by adhering to all requirements as laid down by legislation and health, safety, environmental and security policies and procedures, and by the application of specific instructions to own work area and task completion
- Conduct efficient housekeeping of equipment and work area in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Perform all activities according to instructions, procedures and mining needs.
- Participate in cost saving initiatives and adhere to financial procedures.
This role is in the Mining Department at a BL Level and reporting to the Miner.
- Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification (essential)
- Valid EB/Code 8 Drivers License (essential)
- Required classification as per VTS testing for specific role
- Competent B and A certificate for Underground (advantageous)
- Blasting Assistance certificate for Underground (advantageous)
Experience & knowledge required:
Minimum of 1 year’s practical experience in an underground mining environment (advantageous). As an advantage, one should have sound knowledge and experience of:
- Underground mining practices and operations
- Underground blasting practices and operations
- Underground construction services
- Underground drilling knowledge and skills
- Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to underground mining
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, callouts, and work overtime as per what the role may require
- Must have strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, be independent and a self-starter
- Ability to be working at heights
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground. Medical assessment will include vertigo and claustrophobia amongst others. Able to tolerate physical exertion
The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications verification, relevant psychometric and technical assessments and security clearance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Submit applications on or before Closing Date: 09 April 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.