x2 Data Capturer vacancies at Desmond Tutu Health Foundation | APPLY WITH GRADE 12
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is hiring and invites applications for the vacant posts of DATA CAPTURERS X2 POSTS.
Closing date : 24 Mar 2023 23:59
- The main purpose of this role is to provide critical study conduct support through basic clinical reviews, query generation, reconciliation and reporting.
- Additional responsibilities include supporting clinical study team members in the completion and filing (paper and electronic) of clinical data, reports and administrative study documentation along with data entry on a daily basis.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- At least 1-2 years of clinical trial research experience in capturing data or data administration
Skills & Competencies
- Computer skills, ability to maintain excel spreadsheets/ and Ms Access, REDCap (at least 2 of these)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure with high volumes of daily processing
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail
- Good planning and organising skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines with high quality
- Work Standards
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Valid Good Clinical practice certificate (GCP) from an accredited provider like Crede
- Data quality control – perform regular data checks on the REDCap database and generate data queries if necessary
- Proof read of data captured
- Ensure accurate, timeous data entry into databases as per study protocol, SOP and as per Data Manager’s request
- Complete quality control log with all errors that were picked up during data review and circulate them to staff members daily, including sending daily reminders to staff to correct errors according to QC log
- System Development – In collaboration with the systems developer, deliver exceptional system administrative support.
- Ensures data form from source documents for the trail are accurately reflected on the Case Report Forms (CRF) or electronic
- Transcribe paper case report forms which may be collected in the event study staff are unable to access the study electronic database (REDCap)
- Conduct basic review, query generation/resolution to support clinical study team activities according to the protocol.
- Identifies problems or potential problems and reports them to the Data Quality Officer
- Ensure hardware and software required to carry out data administrator tasks are maintained and in working order
- Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees in a single PDF file.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only applicants who have completed both applications steps, will be considered.
- NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are committed to equity in our employment practices.
- It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
- We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
- I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
- I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
- This job may be removed before it expires.
- If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
- One (1) year fixed-term contract
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!