Sasol is recruiting for Shiftboss x13 posts | APPLY NOW
Sasol Mining is recruiting for Shiftboss x13 posts and invites applications from susuitably and experienced persons.
Closing date: 28 March 2023
Geographical Area: Mpumalanga & Free State
PURPOSE OF JOB / ROLE INTENT
To manage, lead, organise and control production and to provide the leadership required to create a high-performance team capable of reaching all of its set targets.
Execute the statutory duties according to Regulation 2.15.1 in his / her area of responsibility.
CORE ELEMENTS OF JOB
1. (Safe Production) –Carries out on a day to day basis – planning, organising,
control and leadership that ensure that departments KPI’s are met –to produce safe coal by ensuring
– tons / cm / shift
– Availability of Equipment Downtime / shift / MTTF /MTTR (infrastructure and in-
– Adherance to Overhaul / maintenance program – plan vs. actual
2. Implements operational projects, ensures operating compliance to Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP) in appointed area of responsibility
– Ensures adherence to Operating principles and legislation.
– Compliance to governance bodies (standardisation committees)
– SOP / COP implementation and adherence
3. Ensures availability of spares, equipment and resources required to ensure
optimal production, including governance of Electronic time keeping
– Total cost of ownership (TCO)
– Electronic time keeping system adherence
4. Provides first line solutions to employees reporting to him / her on any technical
– Problems resolved
– Failure trend analysis and root cause elimination
5. Safe Production – Support departments to achieve set targets by coordinating
planning within appointed area of responsibility.
– Rand per ton (R/t), Tons per CM per shift (t/cm/shift)
– Volumes vs. monthly TQF (Including Quality)
6. (Finance) – Control costs to ensure production volumes are achieved within
– Delivery against budget and reporting calendar vs. target
7. (SHE) – Ensure best in class safety performance and continuous improvement of
key safety metrics to maintain required RCR.
– SHE compliance rates vs. targets (especially major findings), % outstanding actions
– Zero harm, Zero fatalities, LWDCR
8. Provide on the job training, coaching and career development
– training days for department
– Planned Task observations
– Coaching of employees
– Engagement of employees
MAJOR CHALLENGES / PROBLEM SOLVING
– Supporting the mine in delivering on safe production within the budgeted allowances for
engineering maintenance , balancing production targets with maintenance practices.
– Managing relationships between the mining and engineering departments.
– Ensuring that the various sets of legal requirements and engineering principles are met with
in the operational environment.
– Influx of new technology that requires highly skilled workforce to manage the complexity.
– The management of service providers operating in the area of responsibility, providing
– The management of the procurement and supply side of the operational environment.
– This position has a 2.15.1 legal appointment and is accountable for managing the
operational solutions and governance within the area of appointment at a mine within a
highly regulated industry.
– Remote locations, Equipment and infrastructure are underground and may be located over
a wide area, the availability must be managed to ensure production targets are met.
– Complex interfaces with contractors and suppliers also exits.
– Information from various sources needs to be analyzed, interpreted and integrated to make
trade-off decisions in the best interest of the area of responsibility.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Grade 12 with Maths and Science (Must)
Certificate in Blasting for Fiery Mines, (Must)
Gas Testing, Competent A, First Aid
Mining Engineering Diploma (Wish)
Valid drivers license (Must)
Minimum 2 years total relevant experience as a Shiftboss
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!