x19 Fire-Fighters wanted at Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality | APPLY NOW
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is hiring and invites applications for the vacant posts of FIRE-FIGHTER 1 (NINETEEN POSITIONS).
Closing date: 24 March 2023
Job purpose: Rendering emergency and humanitarian services to the community for the saving/ protection of life and property.
- POSITION CODE: 230296
- TASK Grade 7 (R245 256 – R340 980 per annum) Basic salary only, excluding benefits
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position.
Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply, unless otherwise stated in the advertisement.
Qualifications and experience required:
- The incumbent must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The incumbent must have an appropriate level of secondary qualifications plus one of the following:
- Fire-fighter 1 and Hazardous Materials, OR
- Basic Ambulance course (four weeks)
Key attributes and competencies:
- Must have a sense of urgency.
- Must have fire-fighting skills.
- Must have a provision of medical assistance skills.
- Must be physically fit and abled-bodied, and able to carry objects in excess of twenty (20) kg.
Special conditions to this position:
- The incumbent is required to be on stand-by.
- The incumbent is required to work overtime during specific unplanned emergencies/ disasters.
All shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a medical test and may be assessed on any requirement or competency during the selection process.
The incumbent will be required to work a 42-hour week on a shift basis (including night shifts).
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency, which will include pre-employment screening, medical examination, security vetting and psychometric assessment.
Fringe benefits will include membership of a Retirement Fund, Medical Aid Scheme, Group Life Assurance Scheme, participation in a Housing Subsidy and Car Schemes (subject to the conditions of the various Schemes), and normal leave and sick leave benefits.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Kindly note that all applications for employment and supporting documentation in respect of the advertised vacancy should be submitted online (see button links at the bottom of this article).
It is advisable to submit applications online in good time to allow time for attending to queries that may arise when submitting applications.
Hand delivered or mailed applications for this position will not be accepted.
Telephonic enquiries may be directed to the Receptionist, tel. 041 506 3259.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY, 24 MARCH 2023 BEFORE 14:00
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!