The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung invites applications from tertiary education graduates for a six month paid internship in Parliament – the 2023 Parliamentary Research Programme.
Closing date: 31 March 2023
KAS funds research internships in the South African parliament. As part of the programme, you work within the research team of political parties and find out how politics and parliament function.
The programme runs from 2 May to 1 November 2023 and is a full time (minimum 40 hour a week) commitment.
This intake will focus on political communications.
What is it?
A full time, six month placement as a researcher for a political party at Parliament in Cape Town (2 May – 1 November 2023).
KAS pays a monthly stipend to assist with living expenses, as well as funds airtime and required travel. The stipend amount is at internship level.
Who is eligible?
Individuals with postgraduate qualifications in politics, economics, law, media and related fields.
What are the prerequisites?
Outstanding academic performance, personal suitability, political and social commitment.
We expect candidates to have a broad general education and a strong interest in political issues, a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights and to exercise tolerance with regard to different-minded people.
What can the programme do for you?
- Increase familiarity with structures, processes and people in Parliament.
- Opportunity to network widely in Parliament for job opportunities.
- Generally improved job prospects and deepened knowledge of political sector.
- Join the KAS alumni network.
Applications for this programme intake close on 31 March 2023.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.